Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia SYD-BNE-LAX Connection question

Virgin Australia SYD-BNE-LAX Connection question

Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kcupp95
You won't be able to download the card. You can however download the Brisbane airport app, complete the departure card on your phone and scan your phone at the airport instead.
http://www.bne.com.au/passenger-info...e-card-feature

Majority of taxi drivers will refuse the trip. Not worth it for them.

It's hardly a headache, its actually quite simple. LAX now that is a headache.
Wow, very helpful. I'm going to do just that. Thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Osmo
I was going to say, ask for an earlier flight as it's taken me 90mins this morning.

When we booked in at Sydney, I was given our Brisbane to LAX boarding pass. Swung past domestic gate 39 and there's a sign saying proceed to international.

We took the train to international, had to wait about 20mins to arrive... And then.....

Picked up express passes at international, the queue for security was insane and that was the express path lane. Immigration was worse. It might be because of Easter long weekend but was hectic and crowded.

My suggestion. Fill out your departure card before you get here, I can mail you one if you don't have extras. We took the non express immigration line because it was faster and I'm also curious if the bus would have been faster.

Brisbane also having construction work and the Koru lounge is a dump.
If you could spare two cards I'd really appreciate it. My wife is traveling with me. If you don't have two I understand. Just message me if you do. Thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wisdom
If you could spare two cards I'd really appreciate it. My wife is traveling with me. If you don't have two I understand. Just message me if you do. Thank you.
Just download the app. You don't need the cards.

Alternatively they should give you the cards when you check in at Sydney, so you've got a whole 1.5 hour flight to fill them out.

Last edited by kcupp95; Apr 14, 2015 at 12:42 am
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kcupp95
Just download the app. You don't need the cards.

Alternatively they should give you the cards when you check in at Sydney, so you've got a whole 1.5 hour flight to fill them out.
I installed the app, but I just wanted the cards as a backup.

It'll be easy if I can get cards in Sydney. Thank you.

Last edited by Wisdom; Apr 16, 2015 at 7:39 am
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I had my first flight moved up an hour. This will give me 3hrs 45mins to get to my flight. This will give me time to relax and grab some coffee.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just flew SYD-BNE-DPS last week with a tight connection. SYD to BNE flight was delayed with 5 flyers on the BNE-DPS leg. They had a gate agent meet us, marched us quickly to the cab stand (very quickly!), and gave us a taxi voucher. No complaints from cab driver. We got through immigration/customs quickly (it was in the evening), walked briskly to gate. As it turned out, our flight out was also delayed because of late arrival of plane so no problem -- they had not even started boarding. But it was clear to me they were going to hold the plane until we got there. Not sure they would do the same for BNE-LAX but it actually would not surprise me.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbjd1111
Just flew SYD-BNE-DPS last week with a tight connection. SYD to BNE flight was delayed with 5 flyers on the BNE-DPS leg. They had a gate agent meet us, marched us quickly to the cab stand (very quickly!), and gave us a taxi voucher. No complaints from cab driver. We got through immigration/customs quickly (it was in the evening), walked briskly to gate. As it turned out, our flight out was also delayed because of late arrival of plane so no problem -- they had not even started boarding. But it was clear to me they were going to hold the plane until we got there. Not sure they would do the same for BNE-LAX but it actually would not surprise me.
Wow. I'm surprised. Great to hear. Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
As others have mentioned here, connecting to the LAX flight at BNE the security line is insane.

I checked in for my flight at the SYD Premium check-in, where unfortunately they didn't give me an Express Path card for BNE (even though I was in Business Class).

Arrived at BNE to the insane queue, with the Express Path people not interested that I had a Business Class boarding pass.

Lesson: always remember to get an express path card before getting to Immigration/Customs in BNE
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to get the express path card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.