Wiki Posts
Search

Using Virgin Australia metal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:13 am
Ooi
Original Poster

Using Virgin Australia metal

My upcoming Etihad KUL/AUH is on Virgin Velocity B777. Grateful for any offers on what to expect seat/meals/kits?? Am in 5K
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Ooi
Virgin Velocity B777
no such thing
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:58 am
Ooi
Original Poster

Must apologise for my ignorance

Sorry Virgin Australia | Velocity
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ooi
Must apologise for my ignorance

Sorry Virgin Australia | Velocity
Umm, Velocity is the frequent flyer program, it is not part of the airline or aircraft name.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:54 pm

Velocity is also the callsign used for Virgin Australia in ATC transmission.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:09 am

LOL... Well, this thread is going to go nowhere, although it might be along a scenic route. OP, I suggest that if you can, you should edit the title of this thread to reflect Virgin Australia. Otherwise you will only get curious peeks from those trying to figure out the new non-existent Velocity airline.

Alternately ask a mod to close this thread and then open a new one with the correct title.

Good luck.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:37 am
Ooi
Original Poster

Thks for your contribute Blue. Teach me to better understand title significance before penning from the hip.
Concur with your direction. However found an excellent trip report in airlines.net called etihad pearl:the Virgin Australia way by SR103. Ticks all my boxes. To the other respondents Thks as well.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:53 am
Ooi
Original Poster

Recent EY411 KUL AUH on Virgin Aus Metal...feedback

FA Daniel was superb. Lovely Steak washed with Aus Shiraz. Good sleep with curtains drawn in 5H/5K. Very private. Beware this is bassinet row, if babies are on flight. Toilet wash basin was huge compared to other Boeings and Airbuses. No head knocks when shaving. Red eye with one exception, single gent at bar loved his red.

Minute dent in what was otherwise a 5 star flight. Have a habit of reconnoitring a first time biggy layout ref exits etc. When settled, made way to back of aircraft pass four chatting redcoats. Returning, A side aisle was blocked by incoming paxs. So diverted back through middle pathway and redcoats. Got passed the bar to the front for further checks when this redcoat came shouting “Sir you are in economy, please follow me”. I turned followed her passed the bar and plonked into seat 5K . She doubled back and leaned over with a glaring “Show me your boarding pass” I looked straight up with a emphasised heavy “NO”. Never saw her again.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Ooi
Recent EY411 KUL AUH on Virgin Aus Metal...feedback
You sure about that? I wasn't aware that Virgin Australia flew Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi.

You sure it was VA metal?

Dave
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by thadocta
You sure about that? I wasn't aware that Virgin Australia flew Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi.

Dave
EY wet lease the VA 777 on a turnaround to KUL while, otherwise it would be spending a day at AUH.

It's an EY flight number.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by thadocta

Dave
Apparently it's a wet lease to EY. They operate the AUH-KUL-KUL flight on a long layover between the SYD-AUH-SYD service.

It's explained here and there's a trip report here.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:01 am
Ooi
Original Poster

@Dave, ....guess latest respondents contributions confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.