Wiki Posts
Search

Gaining gold while traveling

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Gaining gold while traveling

If you gain gold on velocity while in transit and the website shows you are gold but cannot produce the gold card has anyone had success in gaining access to the Hawaiian airline lounge ?
Brisbane, Honolulu , Sacramento ?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Beano
If you gain gold on velocity while in transit and the website shows you are gold but cannot produce the gold card has anyone had success in gaining access to the Hawaiian airline lounge ?
Brisbane, Honolulu , Sacramento ?
I would not lose sleep over missing the lounge in Honolulu. While clean with solid Wi-Fi, food and drink limited to coffee, high sugar juice, soft drink machine, and snack mix packs.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: VAG
If the website shows you're gold, your booking should show it too, and you should be able to get into the lounge. I didn't have to produce an actual card to get into the lounge at HNL as far as I can recall.

Though actually, check carefully the VA website for what your lounge benefits are when flying on HA. It's actually the DL lounge you use at HNL, not the Hawaiian lounge, and you only get access if flying on the HA flights to SYD/BNE, not any of the other flights. (Or flying DL itself.)

No lounge access at all at Sacramento.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
It can take a day or three for your VA status to change on the website. It takes time sometimes for status credits to show up, then there is a sweep done overnight, then the status upgrades are processed the next day. So if it matters, you can call VA in advance and they will process the status upgrade manually immediately after your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.