Global Wallet - overload beware

Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Jorgen
If you like. But since Velocity are the major consumer-facing organisation who have plastered their branding all over the product and handed it out to each of us whether we wanted it or not, I'm happy for complaints to be directed in the direction of Velocity.
Again, you are not correct. Velocity did not force you to activate/use it... Yes, they send it to you, but you do not need to activate and use it at all... I have not activated it and will never do.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
Accept that I didn't know that there was a A$25000 limit and my mistake in sending too much cash (which BTW was to spend some overseas and some locally) - what I didn't find acceptable was the only way to remedy the situation was for me to dispute the deposit with my bank that I sent through my bank's BPAY facility and presumably my bank did the work in contacting GW and getting the funds back. There was no process for GW to simply send an email saying sorry you are over the limit and we are remitting the money back. It was not an insubstantial amount of money...
Hmmm... There is actually another (fifth? already) party - BPAY. I have had an issue with BPAY before, where my money disappeared in the ether and my credit union (yes, I use CU as my main banking institution) had to dispute it. So perhaps the fault is with BPAY?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
Yes, I think people are missing the point.

Accept that I didn't know that there was a A$25000 limit and my mistake in sending too much cash (which BTW was to spend some overseas and some locally) - what I didn't find acceptable was the only way to remedy the situation was for me to dispute the deposit with my bank that I sent through my bank's BPAY facility and presumably my bank did the work in contacting GW and getting the funds back. There was no process for GW to simply send an email saying sorry you are over the limit and we are remitting the money back. It was not an insubstantial amount of money...

It also raises issues as to how accountable REV or Cuscal actually are. I have received no return correspondence from REV.

Think I will stick with the Australian bank issued travel cards in the future.
Are you actually using it for travel spend, rather than points? If so your pissing even more money down the drain if you use travel cards compared to credit or debit options like Citibank plus.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Seriously - who reads all the fine print.

Yes I know I should BUT who has the time

If the $ transfer could not be done, it should have bounced back within 24 hours to the original account.

None of this malaky of going into limbo land.

I have used this product and found it excellent. However the customer service if you have an issue is woeful, and that is the real moment of truth for a customer.

It is not how many transactions work as planned, its when something fails that is when a product is really judged.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
Pleased to see following message that now appears promptly on the 'add money' page of the global wallet website:

Please note: Bank Transfer payments can take up to one business day to load into your Global Wallet Account*. The maximum amount in a single load via Bank Transfer is AUD$25,000 (as long as it does not cause your Available Balance to exceed AUD$25,000).
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Of course that only appears if you go to Add Money on the Global Wallet website. Does Velocity have an app with Add Money in it?

Also, Rev is headquartered in Austin, Texas. The clue is that in every press release sent out, that's the common location (i.e. the announcement of Velocity wallet was Austin, TX and Brisbane, Australia, while the Etihad Guest Walletplus announcement was Austin, TX and Abu Dhabi, UAE).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.