Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can VA see my NZ status?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Can VA see my NZ status?

I'm an NZ Elite, which is equivalent to VA Platinum. I have tried calling the VA call centre but no one seems to be able to help me.

Im traveling with VA next month both Trans-Tasman and Domestic (on separate dates and bookings). My question is can VA see my Air NZ status in their system? The call centre agent tells me they can't but when I get my boarding pass at the airport it clearly shows "Partner Platinum" and my baggage is given a priority tag.

Im trying to request seating closer to the front (Rows 3-5 preferably) because recently when flying Virgin I have been put in rows 26, 19 and 12 and I'm told nothing further forward is available at the airport!

Any suggestions on how or if the VA call centre can see my status or how to get premium seating before check in?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
NZ elite seating on virgin booking

Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
I'm an NZ Elite, which is equivalent to VA Platinum. I have tried calling the VA call centre but no one seems to be able to help me.

Im traveling with VA next month both Trans-Tasman and Domestic (on separate dates and bookings). My question is can VA see my Air NZ status in their system? The call centre agent tells me they can't but when I get my boarding pass at the airport it clearly shows "Partner Platinum" and my baggage is given a priority tag.

Im trying to request seating closer to the front (Rows 3-5 preferably) because recently when flying Virgin I have been put in rows 26, 19 and 12 and I'm told nothing further forward is available at the airport!

Any suggestions on how or if the VA call centre can see my status or how to get premium seating before check in?
I was in a similar situation last week
The call centre can't do anything but at checkin subject to availabilty they seem to see your NZ status and they do allocate row 3 to you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.