Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Is the "Australian Sunrise" still around on long-haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.

Hi all,

There have been a few changes since VA first launched their Coast to Coast business class service - Champagne is still French but no longer vintage, amenity kits no longer handed out unless requested, fewer bottles on the dessert cart, butter in a packet, it seems to be cheese -or- dessert (first world problems ). But the biggest one - and I'm wondering if I'm the only one who still misses this on every flight - is that the signature "Australian Sunrise" cocktail is no longer offered. Best cocktail on a plane ever. So a quick question - just trying to decide whether to book VA to AUH on the way to Europe - do they still have this in long haul PE or J?

Feel free to flame if it's crazy to want to choose a flight based on a cocktail

Cheers, Zac
Old May 29, 2014, 9:52 am

While I can't answer, I have two observations:
- The refreshing mocktail served on short hauls in J is now long gone.
- Drinks menu in J on SYD-AUH and vv has been enhanced (read 'downgraded').

Based on the above and that you've seen that cocktail dropped on the coast to coast service, I'd wager it would also be gone from the international legs.

Having said that, do you know what were the ingredients of that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.