Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Earning Velocity points on a child ticket with Virgin Atlantic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

I love the fact that VA allow children to earn miles and via family pooling faster accumulation.

Unlike Virgin Atlantic who offer nothing on child's tickets unless you are Gold.

So my question is, if a child flies on a Virgin Atlantic revenue flight (PE) can she earn velocity miles and status points?

Has anyone experience of this, presume you need to contact Velocity as there is no provision for a freq. flyer number on the booking online.

Thanks

A
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If a person can be a velocity member in line with the program's terms and conditions then they can earn as per the program.

There appears to be no age limit.

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...ns/index.htm#5
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
If a person can be a velocity member in line with the program's terms and conditions then they can earn as per the program.

There appears to be no age limit.

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...ns/index.htm#5
Thanks, I'll advise after the flight, it will have to be a retrospective claim as VS do not provide a space for a FF # on a child's ticket.

Andrew
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note that a child not travelling in a paid seat (e.g. infant ticket) is specifically excluded from earning Velocity points/SC's.

10.3 Points for Infants

10.3.1 Members under the age of 2 years who do not travel in their own paid seat on a Virgin Australia or Airline Partner flight will not be entitled to earn any Velocity Points.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Note that a child not travelling in a paid seat (e.g. infant ticket) is specifically excluded from earning Velocity points/SC's.
We're fine on that score, she's 6 and travelling in a revenue PE seat so we'll see what happens.

Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.