Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Successful Virgin Australia Bookings on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful Virgin Australia Bookings on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by harryhv

(BTW this was a genuine VA person in Australia, not one of the no-hopers in the Philippines, don't waste your time with them.)
What number did you call and roughly what time of the day (SYD time please)?

Been getting the PH call centre throughout last week, painful experience trying to book VX. VX say about the VA booking which is on hold that the seats are confirmed from their side -under K class VX flight code (apparently partner redemption fare bucket in First) and that it must be a technical issue from VA for the request bouncing back. VA say (not our problem, Z on VA codeshare coming back as unconfirmed).
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold

But they say it depends what status u have with Virgin whether you get the English-speaking call center.

Best to borrow an FF number from someone who has VA status, key it in at the phone prompt, you have a better chance of being answered by someone who can help.

Oh and they won't confuse you with the person whose number you borrowed, as the FF-number information which you painfully keyed in, that is infuriatingly lost as you are connected to an operator.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv

But they say it depends what status u have with Virgin whether you get the English-speaking call center.

Best to borrow an FF number from someone who has VA status, key it in at the phone prompt, you have a better chance of being answered by someone who can help.

Oh and they won't confuse you with the person whose number you borrowed, as the FF-number information which you painfully keyed in, that is infuriatingly lost as you are connected to an operator.
Thanks. Well I thought the same and so tried a plat, silver and red numbers. Irrespective of which number I punch in it's the overseas call centre. On my last call I somehow got an Australian voice but the moment she learnt it's a redemption on partner airlines up it went to PH.

And they never cease to surprise me. On the same call the PH agent was like 'we'll waive the cancellation charges as courtesy for the error you got online'. I told him, there shouldn't be penalties to begin with not because of the error but because it hasn't been ticketed yet. And after cancelling the reservation the agent failed to release the seats (something that happened in an earlier reservation). So had to call yet again to get them to cancel the booking properly. Why some can't do their job is beyond me.

Last edited by edy4eva; Mar 12, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.