Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia reward points validity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

I have 25,000 reward points with a review date of 15 Nov 14.

Do I have to use the points by that date - travel or book?

Some were earned in Oct 13 - will they expire then or are they all valid until the 15 NOv review date?

Sorry, I have been thru the fine print, but can't find the answer.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Your review date relates to your status credits.

If you last earned points in October 13, you have three years from that date to redeem based on this (http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...ns/index.htm#9) unless I'm reading it wrong:

"9.1.4 If a Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership Account is inactive for 36 consecutive months the Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will expire. This will occur if the Member has not earned, redeemed, or transferred Points to or from their Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership Account for a period of 36 consecutive months or if the Member is not participating (as a contributor or beneficiary) in a Family Pool. A Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership Account will remain active in the event that their Points expire due to inactivity."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.