How long until Status Credits post?

Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
How long until Status Credits post?

I've done and will be doing a number of domestic flights in flexi over the next few days and will probably become Gold halfway through if my calculations are correct. Will I be able to enjoy the Gold benefits during my last few flights even if the miles/SC haven't been posted yet? My MEL-BNE-CNS flight yesterday hasn't been posted yet apparently.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Typically they post for domestic flights on the second day after you travel. So if you travel wednesday, it's usually friday morning.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
If you call the VA Customer Service line and explain, they can manually process SCs to allow you to benefit from lounge access - or, failing that, they may give you one time lounge passes that would expire the day after your travel. You will also discover that the SCs will post one day and you won't be upgraded to gold until the next day at least and it can take even longer for it to show up at check in. You may need to be patient with the VA staff and suggest they go one step deeper into your booking to verify your status (note that I have no idea what it actually means, just that it was what I was told to say).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: VA Silver, VA Lounge, QF Bronze
Question Similar Question on Upgrading to Gold

Hey folks - I figure this one kind of sits well in this topic, and has most likely been discussed before, somewhere in the depths of the site.

I'm in a similar situation where I'm looking to upgrade mid-trip from Silver to Gold, but it'll be as a result of getting 200 SCs from SQ for flights from MEL-LHR (family pooling). Assuming the credits come through in time, and I am upgraded to Gold, I will obviously only have my Silver card with me, but would be eligible to enter the EY lounges on the return trip as a Gold. Does EY query any kind of database to check eligibility? I would assume that, coupled with the upgrade email from VA should be enough to gain access.

Cheers!!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by Liam0s
Does EY query any kind of database to check eligibility? I would assume that, coupled with the upgrade email from VA should be enough to gain access.
To the best of my knowledge, the only airlines that automatically recognise Velocity status are VA, NZ and DL. For EY lounge access, you'll need the card I'm afraid - you may be able to talk your way in to the lounge, but I wouldn't rely on it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by notzac
To the best of my knowledge, the only airlines that automatically recognise Velocity status are VA, NZ and DL. For EY lounge access, you'll need the card I'm afraid - you may be able to talk your way in to the lounge, but I wouldn't rely on it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Not a worry mate - I thought that might have been the case. Still worth it for having Gold when I get back. I'm thinking of doing my first MR just to make sure I get it... with current flights booked, I'm 10 points off Gold. I expect to have a work trip just before I go... but if the project's delayed, I won't fly, and I have a tonne of points expiring very soon. Had to convince the mrs that an MR was worth it So excited to be cracking Gold for first time though
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:16 am

Actually... now that I think about it (and have just booked my MR)... Velocity says now that it calculates per segment, provided the flights are two separate flight numbers. Meaning... that I should be expecting 280 points for MEL-SIN (60+60), SIN-LHR (80+80), instead of the old method of MEL-LHR (100+100)...

So I just spent money on a same day return flight to ADL for nothing...

I won't tell if you won't!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
From my experience, this can be quite an issue and I have just experienced it first hand but in Australia. I was waiting over 2 months for HA flights to post in my VA account but had already booked 2 more VA domestic flights as a RED member. Aside from the fact that I had to go to ridiculous lengths to get VA to get onto HA and get the flights posted (ie emails, retrocredit emails, Facebook, phone calls), they did finally post 2 days before I flew again, so I made Silver prior to flying. So I called VA and asked if they could make sure my reservations are now going to reflect that I am Silver. The girl in Manilla told me over and over, no problem you will be Silver and it will show when you check in. Ah NO! Not true .

So I get to airport and the lovely VA lounge staff accepted my Silver upgrade email to let me in the lounge but he could not fix my booking, so I travelled as a Red member (with Red seating on the plane etc) for the entire travel.

Now I am flying again in about a month's time and really dont know who to call to get my next booking that was booked when I was Red, fixed to show Silver status (and give me the better seating options etc). Seems that Manilla staff really dont know what they are talking about . To make matters even more interesting, after my next set of flights, I will be a Gold member so no doubt that will confuse the VA system even more.

The other issue which I suspect is an IT issue is, I have been looking at booking more flights for later in the year (after the GOLD status comes through), but when I get into the booking page, along the right hand side, it says I am Red member, not silver! I have cleared cookies and used different computers (all Firefox browers though) and same result.

Can anyone help me please with these two issues, how to fix next flight booking to show my correct status and the IT issues with new potential bookings showing that I am still a Red member?

Cant believe how messed up this has turned out to be, seems almost not worth the effort!

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:04 am

It took (what felt like) AGES for the system to show I was Silver, even though I had the email and the status credits. I barely expect SQ to credit the points while I'm on the trip, let alone EY see in their system that I am Gold.

I thought the whole idea of their IT upgrade a year or two ago was to make things more seamless between their major partners. I guess that must have been booking engines etc, but I would like to have thought it would extend to some kind of connectivity and upgrade to loyalty systems.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I went over to NZ, and the VSC was in my Velocity account in days.
Please excuse my analogy, and for bringing the name of the opposing airline into this discussion, I paid for Qantas Club membership, and guess what, each time I called up the Qantas 13xxxx phone number, and entered my QFF number, I get to speak to an Australian girl on the other end.
I have rang Virgin Australia too in the past, and never asked where they were located, but yes, its always an Asian voice, with very hissy connection, not the girl being hissy, just the phone line.
Pity that Virgin had to use overseas based call centres.
But who knows, maybe paying to join the Lounge, might lead your call to be answered by an Australian!

Last edited by AustralianPoochie; Feb 21, 2014 at 10:01 am Reason: Add
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:44 pm

If you call with enquiries about the Lounge, you'll get an Australian. I remember speaking with a lovely lady who suggested that (as a Red member at the time), it may be cheaper to look at getting an NZ Koru Club membership, due to the savings that are made from currency conversion. As you know, beyond Lounge access, paying for VA Lounge doesn't entitle you to anything - but with Koru you do get some benefits. Just be aware that if you choose to use those benefits it might re-assign your FF number to NZ (such as to take advantage of the free bag allowance for Koru on NZ flights) - which means you don't get points or status credits in your VA account.

The next time my Lounge membership come up, I was VA Silver, so it was WAY worth it paying for it at the reduced rate and without the joining fee, so I never carried on with Koru - but that was probably the only time I've spoken to an Australian on the phone when dealing with VA.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Thank you to you both for your replies.

I will certainly give it a try via the VA lounge phone number. In truth I will not be buying lounge membership as I will be gold after next week (and after my next lot of flights) but I could certainly do some "enquiring" prior to that time !!

I seem to have fixed the Red VA cookie issues thanks to a smart IT friend who showed me how to fix it. I must have been clearing the wrong thing :O! So one issue fixed, now the main issue of my silly Red PNR!

I have been offered the paid upgrade deal but I am not going to do it, they have ridiculous starting bid prices. You would be better off to just have paid outright for the J class fare and then got the SCs and Points. VA must be dreaming! .
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Can anyone help me please with these two issues, how to fix next flight booking to show my correct status and the IT issues with new potential bookings showing that I am still a Red member?
This one is actually fairly simple - if you log in to your Velocity account and it's already showing Gold, call them up (you should be routed through to the Gold desk) and ask them to remove and then re-add your Velocity number. Once that happens, the reservation should reflect the current status.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
From my experience, this can be quite an issue and I have just experienced it first hand but in Australia. I was waiting over 2 months for HA flights to post in my VA account but had already booked 2 more VA domestic flights as a RED member. Aside from the fact that I had to go to ridiculous lengths to get VA to get onto HA and get the flights posted (ie emails, retrocredit emails, Facebook, phone calls), they did finally post 2 days before I flew again, so I made Silver prior to flying. So I called VA and asked if they could make sure my reservations are now going to reflect that I am Silver. The girl in Manilla told me over and over, no problem you will be Silver and it will show when you check in. Ah NO! Not true .

So I get to airport and the lovely VA lounge staff accepted my Silver upgrade email to let me in the lounge but he could not fix my booking, so I travelled as a Red member (with Red seating on the plane etc) for the entire travel.

Now I am flying again in about a month's time and really dont know who to call to get my next booking that was booked when I was Red, fixed to show Silver status (and give me the better seating options etc). Seems that Manilla staff really dont know what they are talking about . To make matters even more interesting, after my next set of flights, I will be a Gold member so no doubt that will confuse the VA system even more.

The other issue which I suspect is an IT issue is, I have been looking at booking more flights for later in the year (after the GOLD status comes through), but when I get into the booking page, along the right hand side, it says I am Red member, not silver! I have cleared cookies and used different computers (all Firefox browers though) and same result.

Cant believe how messed up this has turned out to be, seems almost not worth the effort!

Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:22 am

Former airline staff here who understands how airline reservation systems work. When you enter frequent flyer number into the booking, the system will validate your membership with the airline you hold the membership with and will 'pull in' whatever status you are at that particular time. If during the life of the booking your frequent flyer status were to change (up or down), the reservation system cannot recognise that and will for ever reflect the status which was relevant when the frequent flyer was entered for the first time. However, there is a way to overcome this by removing the frequent flyer number from the booking (airline staff can do that routinely, if requested), and re-apply the frequent number. In the process of re-applying the frequent flyer number, the system again validates it and pulls in whatever status is relevant that particular time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.