FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   SYD-DPS Advanced seating assignment (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1422225-syd-dps-advanced-seating-assignment.html)

Corganbr Dec 30, 2012 6:34 am

SYD-DPS Advanced seating assignment

In flying SYD-DPS in a couple of days. The ticket is part of a Virgin Air Pass. Can I call and try to get exit row seats? I know I can't do that on the website.

Thanks.

aussielori Jan 10, 2013 1:13 am

I think you have to be gold or plat to get exit row before checkin.

smit0847 Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Get ready to be surrounded by drunken Australians on that flight - they will literally drink the plane dry.

aussielori Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Whoever re did the website should be sacked
There is no where that I can see to even do seating.

serfty Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 20047948)
Whoever re did the website should be sacked
There is no where that I can see to even do seating.

It was noted in the FAQ's they after the switchover existing bookings would not be able to be changed online.

(Manage Your Booking | Virgin Australia - second paragraph in the Note: section.)

For seat selection you need to call.

The good news is that such selection can be done up to 355(?) days in advance.

I made the call and after a 10 minute "Gold" hold I was greeted by a very pleasant agent who happily allocated seats for myself and SWMBO across 5 separate bookings.

Seat maps and resent e-ticket receipts have confirmed the allocation.

Seems that there is no status restriction in the business cabin, although I do note E/F telling me the first 6 rows on 332's are reserved for WP based pre-selection.

Also, in economy on 73H's WP can pre-select from row 3 and back, SG from row 7, PS from row 11 and NR from row 13.

aussielori Jan 15, 2013 4:14 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 20048171)
It was noted in the FAQ's they after the switchover existing bookings would not be able to be changed online.

(Manage Your Booking | Virgin Australia - second paragraph in the Note: section.)

For seat selection you need to call.

The good news is that such selection can be done up to 355(?) days in advance.

I made the call and after a 10 minute "Gold" hold I was greeted by a very pleasant agent who happily allocated seats for myself and SWMBO across 5 separate bookings.

Seat maps and resent e-ticket receipts have confirmed the allocation.

Seems that there is no status restriction in the business cabin, although I do note E/F telling me the first 6 rows on 332's are reserved for WP based pre-selection.

Also, in economy on 73H's WP can pre-select from row 3 and back, SG from row 7, PS from row 11 and NR from row 13.

I waited 1 hr to change the booking and asked for seating for flight in 5 days . the girl said she would but I have no seating in J.
and there still seems no where to select seating.

serfty Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 20049611)
and there still seems no where to select seating.

Please comprehend my post - there will not be the facility to select seating online for bookings that existed prior to 14th January.

To select seats for such bookings you have to call.

FWIW, seats availability can depend upon status. Also, expert flyer now shows what seats are available.

aussielori Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 20053065)
Please comprehend my post - there will not be the facility to select seating online for bookings that existed prior to 14th January.

To select seats for such bookings you have to call.

FWIW, seats availability can depend upon status. Also, expert flyer now shows what seats are available.

Please comprehend my post .
I called they could not do seating
for 2ppl in biz class.
Also I was issued with a new ticket.new ticket number.
I would presume new ticket would be manageable online.

serfty Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 20055129)
Please comprehend my post .
I called they could not do seating
for 2ppl in biz class.
Also I was issued with a new ticket.

OK,

So the flight was in 5 days (now 4), you are booked in Business and they won't let you pre-allocate a seat?

What flight is it? Seat maps are available on ExpertFlyer and/or KVS now.

Can you do a dummy booking on the same flight (without completing and paying) and select seats during the process?

FWIW, I had 5 bookings stretching though to May made before 12th January, all in business. I rang up and was able to preallocate seats for all segments.

aussielori Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Some bookings and requests can only be made via our Guest Contact Centre (GCC).
Please contact the GCC if you would like to:
Partially cancel a flight in your booking
Change or cancel your booking paid for using POLi, or have pre-purchased additional baggage or extra legroom
Make a Special Service Request booking for a guest who:
has recently had surgery
has a medical condition
requires mobility assistance
is travelling with a cat or dog
is a child travelling alone
is both vision and hearing impaired
Purchase extra baggage
Add your Velocity membership number to your booking
Change or add seating selection
Change guest or contact details
Change or cancel bookings made via the Guest Contact Centre
Change or cancel bookings made via a Travel Agent
Change or cancel bookings that include flights with our Interline Partners
Note:
Internet discount fares will be honoured for all Special Service Request bookings made via the GCC. Find out more about Special Assistance.
Changes to Your Travel Insurance

from page
what you can do online
seems that you cannot select seating so the website says.

serfty Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

The website also says this:

It was noted in the switchover FAQ's that any existing bookings would not be able to be changed online.

Note:

Migrated Bookings cannot be managed online. If you would like to manage a booking made before 12 January 2013, you will need to contact the Guest Contact Centre.

When was your booking made? If before 12th January 2013 it would have been 'migrated'. In which case you cannot manage it online and for seat selection you need to call.

aussielori Jan 16, 2013 1:07 am

ISSUE DATE 14JAN2013
ISSUING AIRLINE VIRGIN AUSTRALIA INTL
ISSUING AGENT VIRGIN AUSTRALIA/T2‡
I emailed customer service and now have seating assigned:)

serfty Jan 16, 2013 4:32 am

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 20056883)
ISSUE DATE 14JAN2013
ISSUING AIRLINE VIRGIN AUSTRALIA INTL
ISSUING AGENT VIRGIN AUSTRALIA/T2‡
I emailed customer service and now have seating assigned:)

Good Stuff - seems the first person you spoke to was not really with it. :D