Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Bike. Virgin AU but domestic flight on Virgin America. Single tkt.

Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

I will be travelling with a bike on my return flight JFK-LAX-BNE-CHC.

Virgin AU policy is that the bike counts as one piece of checked luggage. I only have one other piece of luggage.

My tkt says 2 free pieces on the Virgin America flight.

Virgin America charges for baggage and has a separate bike charge.

Will I get the free bike + one additional bag policy all the way though or will Virgin America try to sting me for an additional bike charge?

The bike is actually a folding bike. So, I could buy another suitcase or some other 62" hard box and pack the bike in it, but I'd rather take advantage of Virgin AU bike box policy. I figure that it might get more care that way and it would avoid the expense of buying a suitcase or other 62" hard box.

Any knowledge appreciated. As I said this is a single tkt, booked direct with Virgin AU.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Would anyone who is passing through LAX few days please check for me if Virgin AU actually sell bike boxes at LAX? The call centre assures me they do, but the agent didn't have any first hand knowledge, just what was in her documentation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.