Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access & "Premium" product ex Nadi

Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone flown Virgin Australia (formerly Pacific Blue) out of Nadi? I'm looking to book a flight for next week using points. Do you know if there is lounge access, and how good is the "premium" product (am guessing this is Premium Economy)? The routing I'm looking at would be NAN-BNE in "premium" and BNE-MEL in Business.

There are a few direct flights and other routings but the above works best in terms of timing and miles (and not sitting on a 737 for 6 hours straight ). Thanks!

Cheers, Zac
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
No lounge access, unfortunately. I'm Plat and flew this the other week -- as a Plat on a saver (or maybe it was a flexi fare), I was automatically seated in row 3, which has the same legroom as a PE seat (but without the service). So, you might find this to be an option if you want to save some pts possibly.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Thanks SFO_FT.

Just thought I'd come back and answer my own question, in case anyone is wondering about this in future:
  • Priority check in in Nadi, but no lounge access
  • Priority boarding
  • Really like the "premium economy" product - it's effectively the same seat as economy, but the middle seat is folded down into a tray table for extra space. I was in the first row, so not sure if there is any extra leg room in the rows behind. Water, headphones, newspaper and menu were on the seat when I boarded.
  • You can order anything from the "buy on board" menu at any time for no charge. This is a great concept, as the range of choices is pretty extensive - I had a steak pie with a couple of G&Ts, then a toblerone and a wine a little later on.
  • IFE was provided via a digital player pre-loaded with a selection of movies and TV shows
  • Service was excellent - purser constantly checked whether I wanted something else, and also let me know before the service ended and the bars were closed.

All in all a great flight, and a good product, I'll happily fly this again.

Cheers, Zac
Old May 26, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Does anybody have an update on this? Particularly lounge access. Also, what is the inflight service for Air Berlin Gold members?

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

They now offer Business not PE on the route but I believe still no lounge access in Nadi. As an Air Berlin Gold I'd expect priority check in but nothing else..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.