Velocity Credit Card promo

Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Velocity Credit Card promo

Does anyone know when the annual credit card bonus points promo to Velocity might be? Usually its around this time of year I think and you get 15% bonus if transferring from various credit cards.

Cheers

SYD/YYZ
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
Usually in October I think. Last one was in May and was a 10% bonus.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Usually in October I think. Last one was in May and was a 10% bonus.
Thanks for the update-I thought it was 15% previously. Will look out for the promo.

Thanks again

SYD/YYZ
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SYD/YYZ
Thanks for the update-I thought it was 15% previously. Will look out for the promo.

Thanks again

SYD/YYZ
The bonus has been on a downward trajectory. The May 2014 promotion was 10%. The October 2013 promotion was 15%.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by perthite
The bonus has been on a downward trajectory. The May 2014 promotion was 10%. The October 2013 promotion was 15%.
I think they started at 50% some years ago, dropped to 30%, and then as you say 15% and latest was 10%.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:25 pm

Looks like it is back for the month of November, 15% bonus but only on Amex and certain bank issued cards:

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...Website_Banner
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Looks like it is back for the month of November, 15% bonus but only on Amex and certain bank issued cards:

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...Website_Banner
This is good it is happening again, have done a transfer. I see they no longer offer a point sale at the time of conversion, I am sure I remember a 15% bonus plus 10-15% off award prices.

Good none the less!

SYD/YYZ
Old May 1, 2015, 8:48 pm

It's back again for May, this time 15% transfer bonus together with a 15% points discount for award bookings in May -

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...ge_Hero_Banner

Pointshack has a list of the historical bonuses and timings - http://www.pointhacks.com.au/velocit...ption-bonuses/

Offer History

Sometimes knowing how Virgin has run this offer in the past may help you to decide if you should take advantage of it now. Heres the offer history:

May 2015: 15% transfer bonus, 15% discount
November 2014: 15% transfer bonus
May 2014: 10% transfer bonus, 10% discount
October 2013: 15% transfer bonus, 15% discount
April 2013: 15% transfer bonus
October 2012: 15% transfer bonus
September 2011: 20% bonus
Old May 2, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Status credit bonus

For a couple of years they ran a "double status credit" promo straight after Christmas. Didn't happen in 2014. You had to book and pay for flights in the first half of the upcoming year and even on the cheapest fares you got double SC
Old May 25, 2015, 8:11 pm

I have around 60k amex points I think ill convert on this promo. Cant see it offering 15% again in the near future so I may as well flick them across to Velocity seeing they wont expire. Thing is I have no plans to travel at this stage!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.