Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Any option for a shower after arrival LAX-BNE

Old May 10, 2015, 12:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC

Flying J LAX-BNE later this year. Upon arrival into BNE is there a lounge option where one can grab a shower or any spa services i.e. massage? I have a 4-hour layover in BNE and would love to freshen up if possible.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Australian airports do not have arrival lounges.
If you have an onward flight, what airline and class of travel?
Will you have domestic lounge access for this departure?
http://www.bne.com.au/
http://www.bne.com.au/passenger-info...lity-locations
Old May 10, 2015, 4:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Australian airports do not have arrival lounges.
If you have an onward flight, what airline and class of travel?
Will you have domestic lounge access for this departure?
http://www.bne.com.au/
http://www.bne.com.au/passenger-info...lity-locations
Connecting to VA BNE-HTI in J. I saw the thread which discussed the new VA lounge in BNE, though it seemed like a traditional domestic lounge vs. an International J lounge. For some reason I thought I read that VA Int'l J passengers use the Air New Zealand Koru lounge, which says on the Air New Zealand website that it has showers. I guess this is only for departures as opposed to both arrivals and departures?
Old May 10, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes: Australian airports do not have arrival lounges.
The BNE domestic and international terminals are some distance apart.
Need to travel by bus or train to get between.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Connecting to VA BNE-HTI in J. I saw the thread which discussed the new VA lounge in BNE, though it seemed like a traditional domestic lounge vs. an International J lounge. For some reason I thought I read that VA Int'l J passengers use the Air New Zealand Koru lounge, which says on the Air New Zealand website that it has showers. I guess this is only for departures as opposed to both arrivals and departures?
The VA domestic lounge has showers. Just pick up the towel pack from reception. And even if say it was somehow possible to use the NZ lounge ( technically you'll need an onward J international boarding pass with NZ/EY/VA - and create a drama with security/immigration to go to the arrivals level -as well as the airline which will need to offload you), the VA domestic lounge is far superior.

If your flights are on the same ticket, after exiting customs/quarantine clearance, turn right and head to the VA desks. Your bags will be checked in, boarding pass given and a train voucher to the domestic terminal. There you can use the premium security entrance before heading to the VA lounge.

If you've booked separate tickets then you'll need to pay the train/bus fare (if you choose the bus which is quicker) and drag your bags to the domestic terminal to check them in there.

Last edited by edy4eva; May 10, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
The VA domestic lounge has showers. Just pick up the towel pack from reception. And even if say it was somehow possible to use the NZ lounge ( technically you'll need an onward J international boarding pass with NZ/EY/VA - and create a drama with security/immigration to go to the arrivals level -as well as the airline which will need to offload you), the VA domestic lounge is far superior.

If your flights are on the same ticket, after exiting customs/quarantine clearance, turn right and head to the VA desks. Your bags will be checked in, boarding pass given and a train voucher to the domestic terminal. There you can use the premium security entrance before heading to the VA lounge.

If you've booked separate tickets then you'll need to pay the train/bus fare (if you choose the bus which is quicker) and drag your bags to the domestic terminal to check them in there.
This is extremely helpful, thank you!

Our flights are on the same ticket, so I appreciate the tip about checking our bags after we exit customs/quarantine, as well as the tip about getting the train voucher to the domestic terminal there. I'm so excited for this first trip to Australia.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note the transportation vouchers normally come in the form of a tearoff strip on the cardboard boarding pass folder you are given if you check in at LAX.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is extremely helpful, thank you!

Our flights are on the same ticket, so I appreciate the tip about checking our bags after we exit customs/quarantine, as well as the tip about getting the train voucher to the domestic terminal there. I'm so excited for this first trip to Australia.
Assuming USA passport, don't forget to do your ETA in advance.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Assuming USA passport, don't forget to do your ETA in advance.
Pardon the ignorance, not sure what's meant by "ETA in advance?"
Old May 11, 2015, 5:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Note the transportation vouchers normally come in the form of a tearoff strip on the cardboard boarding pass folder you are given if you check in at LAX.
Thanks for the head's up. Be sure to keep an eye out for it after we check in at LAX.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Wasn't aware these were handed outside of AU. Do you know if they do the same in AUH?
Old May 12, 2015, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pardon the ignorance, not sure what's meant by "ETA in advance?"
https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...plication.html
Old May 27, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I am totally shocked that the OP, if its for real does not know/is not aware that what an ETA in advance means.
Wow!
Gobsmacked!
OP, as in the link above, you will need an ETA, which is a visa to enter Australia, if you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen.
Apply for it before you start your trip, even thought its supposedly "free", there is a Aud$20 "charge". This is a per person, per application charge.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
I am totally shocked that the OP, if its for real does not know/is not aware that what an ETA in advance means.
Wow!
Gobsmacked!
OP, as in the link above, you will need an ETA, which is a visa to enter Australia, if you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen.
Apply for it before you start your trip, even thought its supposedly "free", there is a Aud$20 "charge". This is a per person, per application charge.
Perhaps OP has an actual Australian visa in her/his passport.

There is no way to know from OP's posting what her/his citizenship is - perhaps she/he is from a country from which Australia requires a visa (as opposed to travel authorization) or perhaps OP is entering Australia for reasons not permissible under ETA (e.g. to work, to study, for more than 90 days, etc).

Or perhaps OP has a good travel agent who obtained the ETA for OP without OP's knowledge.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by edy4eva

Later this summer we will be doing the same LAX-BNE in J class with a later flight that day to HTI on Virgin Australia so this is great information and very timely. Thanks for posting!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.