Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,100 Velocity Points needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold

Hi there,

I'm 1,100 Velocity points short of an upgrade and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on the best way to get these extra points. Something that doesn't involve airfares, or accommodation. The other catch is that I'm based in NZ, so that probably limits a few options.

It actually only needs to be 550 points, because being a platinum member I get 100% bonus points, which effectively doubles any points earned.

I'm wanting to put my upgrade through while the current half price upgrades promotion is on and it ends in 5 days, so any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:13 pm

Buy an annual travel insurance and get double the miles. Family pooling helps too! In that way you get your miles and get insured all year long!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
NOTE: You do not get 100% bonus points on all partner purchases. Only VA flights and select other partners. Double check on the web site before you assume it. A lot of points can unfortunately take a long time to post as well - very little (except VA flights themselves) clear in < 5 days.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: Too many

Strawberry net posts quickly as does eBay for my online shopping. Even sending flowers gives good points. A couple of transactions like that with the extra bonus is worth it and will give you the points.
Any family or friends you know who could gift you?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: Too many

Shopandearn.com.au
Plenty to choose from!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Hi Jinxy, thanks for your suggestions. I actually looked back over my account and found some points and bonus points that were missing from a couple of recent flights and stays, so I called the Velocity team and they kindly added them to my account, which gave me enough points for my confirmed upgrade, so all sorted now!

Thanks again, I will keep that website in mind next time I'm short of a few points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.