Wiki Posts
Search

Check in bun fight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Check in bun fight

I'm curious. Been flying DJ for past couple of years as a gold. Almost without fail, every Monday check in downstairs in Sydney is a bun fight. Tons of folk, lots of agitation, flight closing announcements. You get the idea.
I see today there appears to be a set of additional check in counters added behind the regular front desks. I think one was operational. Not all counters on the front are attended, yet hundreds of folk waiting.

What's the go? Very low cost impression, and as I noted at the outset been flying out of Syd on Mondays fairly frequently and it is almost always like this.

Thank goodness for the gold card and access to the premium line. I am aware of the kerbside access in Syd, but have bags to check most times.

Time to hire more staff I'd say. Lots of them.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Maybe they are expanding the check-in?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
I checked in to day for a SYD-OOL flight and it was a nightmare. Spent 45 minutes in the line as I don't hold any status with VA (*G only and little domestic flights over the past couple of years).

I also noticed the counters at the rear and they were unattended today as well. What annoyed me was that VA staff were consistently bringing people who had just joined the que up to the front because their flight was in the final stages of check in. I get that the airline don't want people to miss flights but what ended up happening was that as a result those people who DID arrive in plenty of time ended up cutting it fine because they spent so much more time in the line being cut off by the late comers.

That said. I'm in the Lounge in ADL at the moment and quite like it. Nobody else here.

I'm still torn between putting domestic travel on QF or VA.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 am

Velocity Lounge in Adelaide is pretty nice , good desserts and good soup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.