FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   How do I find out what the fare code is? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1331625-how-do-i-find-out-what-fare-code.html)

Supersonic Swinger Apr 2, 2012 8:13 am

How do I find out what the fare code is?

Hoping someone might be able to help - is there any way to tell on the Virgin Australia booking site what the fare code of a selected fare is? It doesn't seem to be in the details I can see, and I'd like to find out to see if they are eligible for partner miles accrual.

Thanks

serfty Apr 2, 2012 1:07 pm

Do a booking and after selecting your flight options you go to the "Guest details & travel extras | Virgin Australia" page.

View the source and about 33 lines from the top you'll see "farefamily". It may be easier to search for this string.

The fare class is then indicated after the '='. e.g. - an "M" class flexi booking MEL-CNS:

Code:

var productElement = 'MEL-CNS_M_M';
var fareFamily = 'M';
var catElement ='MEL-CNS';
var priceElement ='329';
var qtyElement ='1'
var storeElement ='1';

... or a return in 'saver':
Code:

var productElement = 'MEL-CNS_U_U,CNS-MEL_Via-BNE_A_A';
var fareFamily = 'U,A';
var catElement ='MEL-CNS,CNS-MEL_Via-BNE';
var priceElement ='264,285';
var qtyElement ='1,1'
var storeElement ='1';

perthite Apr 7, 2012 8:10 am

If you want to do it before booking, you will still need to interrogate the HTML, although it is a bit more complicate. Basically you need to identify the cell in the HTML that you are looking at, and look at the value that the radio button will return. An example is below, and the part you are after is "0~S~SZDSVI~1200~~2~X|DJ~ 725~ ~~MEL~06/30/2012 06:25~OOL~06/30/2012 08:30~"

(This is from a Saver (Product class 'SV'))

The S and SZDSVI indicates an S fare.

Code:

<td class="fareCol4" productClass="SV">
  <input class="normalFareInput" id="ControlGroupScheduleSelectView_AvailabilityInputScheduleSelectView_RadioButtonMkt1Fare4" type="radio" name="ControlGroupScheduleSelectView$AvailabilityInputScheduleSelectView$market1" value="0~S~SZDSVI~1200~~2~X|DJ~ 725~ ~~MEL~06/30/2012 06:25~OOL~06/30/2012 08:30~" requiredError="Please select a fare."><span class="normalFareContainer">$239.00</span></td>

serfty Apr 7, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by perthite (Post 18350714)
If you want to do it before booking, ...

That is another way to do it and get the information before selecting a flight and proceeding to the "Guest Detail .." window as described in post #2.

A utility like "Fire Bug" with "Inspect Element" makes this method somewhat easier.