Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

First World Problem - No business class SYD-MEL-LST

Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.

Yes I am fully aware that this is a first world problem and I am sure many will only too happily tell me how I am wrong and no one needs to fly business SYD-MEL and v.v.

I was hoping for a real dinner having a 6:30pm departure rather than a cold wrap. The trouble is as business is not offered MEL-LST Virgin won't sell me a mixed class ticket, nor let me use my free upgrades to fly SYD-MEL segments in business. Madness I say, further as a Platinum I cannot pre-allocate into row 1 or 2 on the MEL-LST segments or v.v. on a flexi Y ticket. So I am stuck in row 3, probably with some of size business man in the middle seat between my wife and myself (the next reason I like business). I also need the business status credits to retain status post September. Would be nice if Virgin could look into this for those of us with more dollars than sense.

Otherwise I probably should have booked the direct (and much cheaper) Jetstar flights and earned yet more QF status credits that are too many for Platinum and not enough for Platinum 1.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Virgin will happily sell you a mixed class ticket:

Sydney to Melbourne
Thu 16 Feb
Flight info
1 x Adult $529.00
Taxes
Melbourne to Launceston
Thu 16 Feb
Flight info
1 x Adult $179.00
Taxes
Total flights$708.00
Booking total $708.00
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Only if booked as 2 standalone tickets, which I presume then come with no protection if you misconnect and without through checked baggage?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:03 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
No, booked as a multicity with one PNR, allowing through check of baggage etc, my example is j then Flexi, so no issues with missed connections either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.