Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lounge Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 10:03 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Virgin Australia lounge Gold Coast - opened 30 May 2012.

Virgin Australia Terminal
Gold Coast Domestic Airport
Southern end of the terminal adjacent to gates 1 and 2

Telephone number: TBA

Media release here

Some people have had the opportunity to fly out of OOL and make use of the Lounge. I am waiting to see clients near South Tweed Heads and will meet Travel Guru for an ATA party.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: NZ G, QF G, Accor Plat
I'm flying out of Gold Coast (OOL)next week on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight to AKL

I'm Air New Zealand Gold, am I correct in thinking that reciprocal deal thing they have going on gives me access to the new Virgin Australia lounge ?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ASJOHNSTONE
I'm flying out of Gold Coast (OOL)next week on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight to AKL

I'm Air New Zealand Gold, am I correct in thinking that reciprocal deal thing they have going on gives me access to the new Virgin Australia lounge ?
Officially not as it's a domestic lounge but you never know. Try your luck and report back here!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF G, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Officially not as it's a domestic lounge but you never know. Try your luck and report back here!
The lady at the ANZ premier check in advised that I could use the lounge as air points gold, all good no problems at all guesting my wife.

Its one of the nicest regional lounges in Australia, staff are really nice.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by ASJOHNSTONE
The lady at the ANZ premier check in advised that I could use the lounge as air points gold, all good no problems at all guesting my wife.

Its one of the nicest regional lounges in Australia, staff are really nice.
Great to hear. Yet to get a chance to try it myself - looking forward to it though.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: QF Gold
It appears to be both a domestic and international lounge. The lady at premium check-in told me on check-in that I can use the lounge and that an announcement would be made on the flight to AKL so that we could have enough time to clear customs. Flights to New Zealand were up on the departures and arrivals boards as well in the lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Sorry i thought it was a different question. As i said above, as neither VA nor VX control the VS lounge so it's paid access only.
Reading a review of the Virgin Atlantic JFK Club House it mentions the following access conditions:

You're allowed into the Clubhouse if you have:
•A Virgin Atlantic Upper Class ticket
•A Virgin Atlantic Gold frequent flyer card and are flying on Virgin Atlantic
A Virgin America First Class Ticket
•A Virgin America Main Cabin Select (first row of economy) ticket and will pay a surcharge
•A Virgin Atlantic ticket and a Virgin Australia Gold or Platinum frequent flyer card
•A Singapore Airlines First/Suites Class ticket
•A Singapore Airlines PPS card and are flying on Singapore Airlines
•A TAM first or business class ticket

As per my highlighting above, this would suggest that if you're flying on a VA business class ticket from JFK to SYD via LAX travelling in First Class on Virgin America (doesn't have business class) for the JFK to LAX sector then you would get access to the JFK Virgin Atlantic Lounge.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by cssaus
Reading a review of the Virgin Atlantic JFK Club House it mentions the following access conditions:

•A Virgin America Main Cabin Select (first row of economy) ticket and will pay a surcharge
•A Virgin Atlantic ticket and a Virgin Australia Gold or Platinum frequent flyer card

As per my highlighting above, this would suggest that if you're flying on a VA business class ticket from JFK to SYD via LAX travelling in First Class on Virgin America (doesn't have business class) for the JFK to LAX sector then you would get access to the JFK Virgin Atlantic Lounge.

Yes correct
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Yes correct
That's good to know.

The JFK Club Lounge has gotten quite a good review and I look forward to experiencing it. I'm sure it's a whole lot better than the UA Red Carpet Club that I used to frequent in Terminal 7 before flying back to Sydney
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:11 pm

Yes correct
Well the upshot to my posting was that I was refused entry to the JFK Clubhouse this evening

I was holding a Virgin America First Class Boarding pass (Seat 2A) for Flt VX413 to LAX with an onward boarding pass for VA2 in business class. I even showed my Velocity Platinum card.

I think VA needs to clarify the access rules for premium ticketed passengers flying JFK-LAX-SYD on VX/VA.

Maybe next time I'll book the Delta code share option on the VA web site and that way I'll know for sure I can lounge access at JFK. The other advantage with the Delta code-share option booked on the VA website is that because it's a VA flight number it will count as an Eligible Sector whereas the VX flight doesn't.

There would seem there's still a lot of work to be done on the VA/VX/VS partnering arrangement
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: NZ*E, DJ G, QF Club
Is there a Darwin Lounge yet?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by JLA85
Is there a Darwin Lounge yet?
No. I read somewhere that it wasn't due until late next year or early the year after due to space constraints at the airport there.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: NZ*E, DJ G, QF Club
Ah ok, that's a shame. I hope there is still priority checkin.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Updated 1st December 2012

Etihad Airways
Al Reem Lounge, Abu Dhabi
You and a guest on presentation of membership card and boarding pass for same day travel when travelling with Etihad in Coral Economy Class or on a Virgin Australia International Long Haul flight in Economy or Premium Economy.
Platinum members get access to the Pearl Business Lounge in T3 with one guest if travelling with EY or VA according to this link:

http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...lounge-access/

Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 am

accessing partner lounges

Hi I have a Gold Velocity, (expiring next month )

in order to access partner lounges on International flights, do you need to show your boarding pass or just your Gold Velocity card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.