Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 10, 12, 3:13 pm   #1

777 J Class - Seat 1A

Hi,

have a booking to the US in J Class - was offered row 5 which I understand many people like, but concerned about noise of bar etc. Have selected 1A as it seems from the seat maps there is no bulk head providing additional room and easy access during night.

Does any one have any experience with 1A or thoughts?

Thanks
AusA380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 12, 5:30 am   #2

Programs: QF Bronze; DJ Velocity; SQ KrisFlyer; Hilton HHonours Gold; Accor Platinum
Hi AusA380, all seats in row 1 are bulkhead, with regards to easy access, I assume you mean when the seats are in bed mode?

You'll have to climb over your neighbour no matter which A/F/K seat you sit in as the bed extends pretty much all the way to the wall.

As for noise from the bar, it's usually pretty minimal, only 6 people are allowed to occupy the area at one time. And there probably wouldn't be much noise from PE either.

Wherever you sit you'll love it, VA J on the 77W is a fabulous way to fly.
BNEFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 12, 8:50 pm   #3

Thanks BNEFlyer for the information, much appreciated.
AusA380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 8:28 pm   #4
Original Member

Hello all -
Just to confirm - I'm very tall - about 6'8" - is there any additional legroom in seats 1A and 1C on the 777 or is it better just to select a regular aisle seat? Thanks very much!
leroy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:56 pm   #5

Programs: DL DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy11 View Post
Hello all -
Just to confirm - I'm very tall - about 6'8" - is there any additional legroom in seats 1A and 1C on the 777 or is it better just to select a regular aisle seat? Thanks very much!
I sat in 1A and 3A to/from Australia from LAX. I didn't notice any added leg room in 1A and preferred 3A since you have the added storage in seat-back in front of you. I chose a window so that no-one would have to step over me.
tomSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 12, 12:48 am   #6
Original Member

Thanks for the response tomSEA. I have since taken the trip and share the same sentiments you do. I had 1C on the way out and a regular aisle on the way back and saw no real difference in legroom. I did like their overall Business Class product offering.
leroy11 is offline   Reply With Quote