Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity reward booking for a relative

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,UA,VA
Velocity reward booking for a relative

Hi guys, i've got about 10k velocity points and wish to redeem them for a relative on MEL-SYD oneway sector, however the points are in my name, I wish to make the booking between 23/12-25/12, however Velocity Booking centre is closed, rang VA the agent was like yes you can, and then when I said where do I enter the name? she was like I am not sure I will transfer you...

Your replies would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

Last edited by flyinsikh; Dec 20, 2011 at 5:46 am
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Tough gig getting an award flight at such short notice.

Have you looked at PE/Business Cash and Point awards?

They can be had on a sliding scale from 6650 Velocity & $50 and 10,400 Velocity & $20.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:35 am

There is availability on 23, 24 and 25 December. In Premium too, so about 6900 points + something like 50 bux. On 25 DJ849 is operating with the A330 so an excellent flight to redeem points for.

Few weeks ago I booked for a friend at 2 hours prior to departure, PER-MEL.

Everything can be done online through the velocityrewards website, you do not need to call anyone! Just go through the process, and you will be asked to enter the traveller's details prior to the final page where you use the slider (to minimum 6900) and enter credit details.

Too easy, I am not sure if I misread your question?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
More to the point, these PE redemptions allow for complimentary F&B in flight as well as 69Kg checked luggage.

... oh, priority check-in and Lounge access before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.