Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Missing points from Virgin America Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM

Recently my daughter flew SYD-LAX-JFK-LAX-SYD on a V-Australia issued ticket for the entire itinerary booked online. The LAX-JFK and JFK-LAX sectors were on Virgin America flights.

Checking her velocity account after her return she noted that the points for the VA flights had been credited but not the VX flights despite her e-ticket noting her Velocity number.

The upshot is that she's now had to submit a missing points claim sending in scanned copies of her LAX-JFK and JFK-LAX boarding passes. Velocity claim it will take 4-6 weeks to get the credit....not happy Velocity

Anyone else encountered this problem? Interestingly on her LAX-JFK boarding pass it notes an "ELEVATE ID" with her Velocity account membership number. Her JFK-LAX boarding didn't show anything.

A word of advice, hang onto your boarding passes and if travelling on VirginAmerica flights verify that your Velocity number is in the system when checking-in and printed on the boarding passes. I do note on the Velocity web site that it states "Please allow 6 weeks before raising a retrospective Points claim with Virgin America" but that shouldn't necessarily be the case if the ticket was booked correctly in the first place.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: VA Silver, VA Lounge, QF Bronze
Hi there

I travelled in the USA earlier this year on V Australia and Virgin America, though my flights were booked separately.

While the V Australia flights came through as expected, the Virgin America points took about a month and a bit to come through, and they had everything correct. I'm sure I still have the boarding passes somewhere, but I'm pretty sure that it had my Velocity number on it (I think it had DJ <Velocity Number> - but I could be crazy )
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:57 pm
Company Representative - Virgin Australia

Programs: Velocity Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer programs such as Elevate and Velocity are run separately and hence there is a time lag for points being processed. Best to wait the 6 weeks and should there still be no points, submit the retro claim via the website.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by Virgin Australia
Frequent Flyer programs such as Elevate and Velocity are run separately and hence there is a time lag for points being processed. Best to wait the 6 weeks and should there still be no points, submit the retro claim via the website.
Other airlines who are in alliances with each other maintain separate FF programs and do not appear to have a time lag for crediting flights to their respective FF programs. For example, I've frequently flown on SQ and have had my miles credited to my UA MileagePlus account in a matter of days.

There shouldn't be any excuse for points to not be automatically credited in a timely manner and to have to wait 6 weeks for flights on one Virgin carrier to be credited to another Virgin carrier's FF program is totally unacceptable in today's internet age.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: Too many
I am hopeful for the day when all of Virgin's program are interlined all together...it makes it such a hassle

Expect the retro credit to take around 3 weeks, inc the points and status credits!

And as the OP stated...Hang on to those boarding passes..you never know when you'll need them!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:51 pm

I took a VX flight (BNE-SEA) on 30Oct, flight posted on Velocity on 2Dec, so that's just over a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.