Wiki Posts
Search

NZ F Class on Velocity

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
NZ F Class on Velocity

Hi, I discovered FlyerTalk a couple of months ago - what an amazing resource and I appreciate all the wisdom I have picked up from you FlyerTalkers since. Thank you. This is my first post.

I wish to take advantage of DJ's double status points offer. I booked an NZ GAS to Tokyo for later in November and the booking is in F Class.

Two questions:

1. If I change my FQTV with NZ to my DJ number, but leave my FQTS as my *G NZ status, will I get the status points credited to DJ, but still remain in the pecking order for upgrades (I have used 1 comp + 1 APD to go PE both ways).

2. The DJ table doesn't list F Class in its earning table for DJ points. Given it won't earn any APD on NZ either (it's a GAS), I am not concerned about points, but would I still earn DJ status credits for the flight?

Thanks for any guidance.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
1. You will ride on the back of whichever elite status you choose to add to the booking. You generally can't double dip.

2. I imagine F cabin will yield same SC as Biz.

3. You use far too many abbreviations IMHO. @:-)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi ozstamps,

Thanks for responding. Firstly, apologies for the abbreviations. Point taken. Secondly, the booking class for the Air NZ flight is listed as "F". I have never seen this before. It is not first class; it is an Air NZ grab-a-seat longhaul, which means very, very discounted economy.

My question relates to how Velocity treats such fares for status credits. The velocityrewards website is not particularly specific for Air NZ flights (it has a small print explaining that eligibility for earning status credits on AIr NZ flights varies between domestic NZ, Trans-Tasman and longhaul, without explaining what that difference is).

On Velocity's "Earning Points" page for Air NZ, it has various categories for points earning, broken down by Domestic NZ, Trans-Tasman and Longhaul. Booking class "F" appears in Discount Economy for Trans-Tasman, but not for Discount Economy (or elsewhere) Longhaul.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If the class/fare bucket does not appear in relation to the travel you are undertaking then don't expect any earning.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks serfty, I suspected/feared that may be the case.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
If you change your FQTV to DJ and leave FQTS as NZ*G, you will be prioritised as NZ*G in terms of upgrades but you will need an eligible booking class to earn both status and points with DJ. According to Velocity website, F class is not listed as eligible, so you won't earn either points or status credit. If you credit the flight to NZ, at least you will get status points with Airpoints.

However if you wish to try your luck you can credit the flight to DJ and if it doesn't credit simply call NZ and argue that it didn't credit to DJ and ask them to credit it to Airpoints instead retrospectively.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
If you change your FQTV to DJ and leave FQTS as NZ*G, you will be prioritised as NZ*G in terms of upgrades but you will need an eligible booking class to earn both status and points with DJ.
Thanks Xiaotung

So, am I correct in assuming that status points accrue to the FFP in the FQTV field (as of course do air points), not the FFP in the FQTS field (which would then only be used for lounge access, upgrade and seating priority, etc)?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by pbl22
Thanks Xiaotung

So, am I correct in assuming that status points accrue to the FFP in the FQTV field (as of course do air points), not the FFP in the FQTS field (which would then only be used for lounge access, upgrade and seating priority, etc)?
That's exactly right. And not every airline has FQTS field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.