Coast to coast meal service in J

Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Coast to coast meal service in J

I am planning a MEL trip out of PER in J. Looking at either:
- the late DJ698 direct (738) or
- the late DJ572 to SYD (A330) then PE to MEL or
- the early DJ558 to SYD (A330) then PE to MEL.

What sort of meal service is done on the long sectors of these options?
I have flown the A330 seats when they were with EK, and while they are bearable seats for a nap, I am assuming they are slightly better than those 38inch seats on the 738. This is why I am considering going via SYD. Plus I will be flying back on the non stop to PER the next morning.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I have not yet flown on the A330 but was not impressed with the 738 product as a transcontinental J product to give it a tick - I found the J seats on the 738 did not recline enough to have a sleep - a big thumbs down...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:49 pm
Company Representative - Virgin Australia

Programs: Velocity Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I am planning a MEL trip out of PER in J. Looking at either:
- the late DJ698 direct (738) or
- the late DJ572 to SYD (A330) then PE to MEL or
- the early DJ558 to SYD (A330) then PE to MEL.

What sort of meal service is done on the long sectors of these options?
I have flown the A330 seats when they were with EK, and while they are bearable seats for a nap, I am assuming they are slightly better than those 38inch seats on the 738. This is why I am considering going via SYD. Plus I will be flying back on the non stop to PER the next morning.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
hi edy4eva,
Information regarding our business class product can be found at our website here or if you want a true tour of the cabin we have a virtual 360 video tour which can be seen here (best to watch on a pc/mac).

Hope there is some info to help!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Did BNE-PER the other day in J. Food service was quite nice and excellent quality. Almost too much food! Soup course, salad, breads, mains, ice cream bar desert. Nice chocolates, too! The FAs gave great service!

J pax get a little bag with a blanket and eyeshades.

Seats on the 737s, tho, are a big disappointment. Almost no recline and quite hard and uncomfortable for a sleep. Plus, no pillows. And no more TV on the planes. The handheld devices they distribute have 4 or 5 movies and 4 or 5 TV shows -- that's it for video!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Did BNE-PER the other day in J. Food service was quite nice and excellent quality. Almost too much food! Soup course, salad, breads, mains, ice cream bar desert. Nice chocolates, too! The FAs gave great service!
Out of interest, what options did they have for mains?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.