Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 13, 11, 1:08 am   #1
2014 Elections

Programs: *A Gold
Strange: BP shows old status

Hi there,

had a 'strange' incident yesterday. Was on a flight booked (previous match from silver to plat) and my boarding pass was linked to my account/number, but it showed silver instead of platinum.
I had no problems getting into the lounge and so, but the question is: Is the status at time of booking relevant for the actual flight.
I m just imagining making bookings just before loosing plat status and then still receiving any benefits of it, though being of 'lower status'.
TheAirman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 11, 5:31 pm   #2

Programs: VA Platinum (BIS); VS Red; EK Blue; QF Gold; AA; Golden Circle executive; A Club Silver; SPG PG
Happened to me when I achieved silver and again when achieved gold. The lounge angel said it can take up to 5 days for all the systems to recognise the new status. Was cheerily allowed access to the lounge and put a call into the gate to ensure I was not denied priority boarding .
Brisflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 11, 7:51 pm   #3

I had this with a booking made aeons ago. It caused a bit of confusion at the premium checkin at SYD, but a quick check of the systems (I didn't have the Plat card at that stage) showed everything was ok.
I was also greeted with the Platinum package (status comp from AA EXP) on my return home, a nice surprise even though I can't bear to put on 'elite' luggage tags.
goback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 11, 7:54 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2014 Elections

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG ►NZ*G ►VA WP ►HHD ►IHG G
Some reports on AFF indicate the refresh of status might not be automatic.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 27, 11 at 8:02 pm.
serfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 11, 2:32 am   #5

Programs: NZ Koru
I don't think that DJ systems are up to scratch with displaying status.

Ive had my NZ Koru display as Velocity Gold on a boarding pass!
cavemanzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 11, 3:17 am   #6

Programs: NZ Jade; DJ Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAirman View Post
Hi there,

had a 'strange' incident yesterday. Was on a flight booked (previous match from silver to plat) and my boarding pass was linked to my account/number, but it showed silver instead of platinum.
I had no problems getting into the lounge and so, but the question is: Is the status at time of booking relevant for the actual flight.
I m just imagining making bookings just before loosing plat status and then still receiving any benefits of it, though being of 'lower status'.
I believe on NZ if you book a flight whilst *S, and then become *G after the booking, the BP will still show *S, unless manually changed by admin staff.
Old Oct 3, 11, 6:52 pm   #7
Ambassador

Programs: VA Plat, AB Gold, AF/KL Silver
I had the same issue with my wife yesterday. She was flying the return leg of a flight from MEL-NTL. On the way up, travelling solo, her BP showed her [partner] Gold status, on the way back it still showed her earlier Red Status although as she was travelling with me (Plat) it made no practical difference. I assume the system involved some kind of manual override on the way up when she checked in using her gold card but on the way back i handled the check in.
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote