Wiki Posts
Search

30,000 miles Compensation query

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
30,000 miles Compensation query

My father recently flew premier economy with Virgin to the St Lucia and Barbados, and provided them his BMI Blue card to collect miles. On the return leg, he was downgraded to Economy for some technical issue and accepted a voucher with 30,000 Virgin miles compensation (plus some cash).

The girl dealing with this at the airport said that the 30,000 points could be posted to his BMI miles account as it was the Frequent Flyer number on the booking. However, once he got on the aircraft he was then told to send the voucher to Virgin Miles for processing.

So, my question is:

Can Virgin Miles compensation voucher be posted to BMI accounts by Virgin; or
Does my father need to open a Virgin Miles account to post the compensation into?

Also - what would we recommend to do if either option is open?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
I understand why you've posted this in both the VS and BD forums, put duplicate posting is against the FT rules ("Post Your Thread to Just One Forum").

In any case, I'm not sure that there is much else to add to the answers given by the bmi folks. VS miles can't be easily converted into BD miles, so the choice is to ask for different compensation (i.e. 75% of the PE fare as per the EU regs) or accept the VS miles and open an account to receive them.

BC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.