Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Old May 21, 2017, 2:13 pm

Just booked IAD-NRT, HND-JFK for 120k, $169. Took less than 20 minutes on the phone, total. Getting much easier nowadays.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott LTTE, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Just booked IAD-NRT, HND-JFK for 120k, $169. Took less than 20 minutes on the phone, total. Getting much easier nowadays.
Same for me booking ORD-HND-ORD. Super easy, agent had no trouble confirming the space immediately or holding the ticket for 24 hours.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Is it possible to change an ANA ticket originally issued for Y to a premium cabin if it becomes available? Would it be possible to change dates or airports?
Old May 22, 2017, 5:24 pm

Just booked SFO-NRT as outbound and HND-LAX as inbound on F in November. Super easy, used United to search for first-class saver award space. Agent said he's been doing a lot of ANA bookings lately so get in quick!

If more space opens up in October, I'll most likely change my outbound to an earlier date so I could check out Korea for just a $50 change fee.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:36 am

Just booked ORD-NRT-SIN-NRT-ORD with NRT as a stopover. ORD<->NRT in F and NRT<->SIN in J. No problems booking on same PNR. Cost was 185k(matches new chart per-segment prices) and $124 in fees.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA++
Just booked today, much easier. Maybe I got lucky with an agent (she said she made 4 NH bookings recently), 17 min 40 seconds total, and I was on hold for at least 5 minutes before.
Immediately booked, she also gave me the NH confirmation number.
Anyone knows what is the policy for changing the flight dates after booking?
Old May 27, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by ssg10
Anyone knows what is the policy for changing the flight dates after booking?
There's apparently a 24 hour rule, right before the flight, that you can't do pretty much anything, but outside of that I have called and changed flight dates. You just pay the fee.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA++
There's apparently a 24 hour rule, right before the flight, that you can't do pretty much anything, but outside of that I have called and changed flight dates. You just pay the fee.
Thanks! How much is the fee?

So, basically they are flexible if it is outside 24 hour before flight, but just need to pay fee, right?
Old May 27, 2017, 11:35 pm

So, basically they are flexible if it is outside 24 hour before flight, but just need to pay fee, right?
No idea about the fee. They changed it sometime this past year.

But yea, I think you can even change the return after you've flown the outbound.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Remember there still has to be reward availability on the new flight. ANA won't just move you onto it.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Read the T&Cs. I recall seeing something about a 7-day rule for partner rewards, as well as a minimum of 48-hours for processing.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:40 am

Looking through United's site, I see both 'Saver' and 'Standard' awards - is the 120k RT in first class just for Saver awards? Or is it for any award availability?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Successfully booked two tickets IAH-NRT-IAH in F on NH last week. I checked availability for NH awards using United's website, found the dates I liked, and called Wednesday to put the booking on hold while I transferred points in. Point transfers were completed by Friday morning, called and had the tickets issued. Both agents I spoke with seemed very friendly and competent, was very easy to get this booked. Total cost was 240,000 miles (120k each) plus $339.12 ($169.56 each) for taxes and fees.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by adeebm
Just booked ORD-NRT-SIN-NRT-ORD with NRT as a stopover. ORD<->NRT in F and NRT<->SIN in J. No problems booking on same PNR. Cost was 185k(matches new chart per-segment prices) and $124 in fees.
Would you please tell me how much it cost for 1 business class from SEA to SIN? so when i call just give them segment to segment? I understand it coast 90k for bussiness seat for SEA to NRT thank you!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:12 pm

I just booked for next year, flying ANA J for 90k from SJC-NRT. Process was very easy. Seems like they are pros at doing it now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.