Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Time of Refund on a Cancelled Award Redemption?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

I did a very quick search and couldn't find any answers but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting a refund on a cancelled award redemption?

On Feb 22nd I had to cancel one of my redemptions because the agent didn't put the full name on the ticket (did it within 2 hours of booking) and to this day still haven't gotten a refund on my taxes/fees/charges/surcharges.

They emailed me an acknowledgement email on Feb 26 and I have emailed the stated email twice regarding a status update with no reply. Called the booking hotline twice and agents never got back to me.

What should my next action be? How much longer should I wait before proceeding with a chargeback?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:25 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Virgin Atlantic have always been notoriously slow in paying out refunds.

They do however seem to respond well to issues via social media, so if you want to expedite the process, as PM on Twitter or Facebook may help.

Nick
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Virgin Atlantic have always been notoriously slow in paying out refunds.

They do however seem to respond well to issues via social media, so if you want to expedite the process, as PM on Twitter or Facebook may help.

Nick
Thank you Nick for your reply! I am relieved to hear that they are slow. I thought the agent was losing his mind when he said it could take 3 months! Of course not even a day after I posted this thread I got a confirmation of my refund via email. Now lets see how long it takes to get back to my cc.

Thanks again for your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.