Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: VS Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
could not enter my Known Traveller Number unless I also added an "optional" Redress number of 00
I found this little "feature" too. Brilliant.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: VS Gold, Marriott Platinum, BA Gold, Ryanair hatred!
Just a little something to watch out for,

I've booked seperate 2 return flights to the US in the past week (2 seperate calls to FC) and both times an incorrect amount miles were deducted (obviously not in my favour either), I'm pretty sure the miles that were actually deducted were the new "peak season" amounts!

When I noticed the issue, the FC rep said "you have xxxxx miles" I said err no, he went away, came back made some excuses and recredited them so ultimately a very simple fix.

I Can't help wondering what would have happened had I not noticed?

Anyway, no real dramas but definitely just cause to pay particular attention right now!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:46 am

Not that this will come as a ground breaking piece of information to anyone, but this new website is truly terrible. Flew to Orlando on November 1st and returned on the 15th. Got my miles through no problem for the outbound flight but I'm still waiting for the inbound miles. I called the flying club about a separate query and mentioned this to them and I was told to login to my account and make a missing miles claim. When I enter my information I get a message saying there's been an error. Useless!!!!! Not to mention the fact that half of the links simply don't take you to where you want to go. And yes, I would 100% agree with everyone that you can pretty much forget trying to use the website on your mobile. It's unforgivable to make such a bad mobile website nowadays. Why would you make your website live when it is so clearly not ready yet?

Get it sorted, Virgin!!!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:25 pm

I've just renewed Gold and yet it said March 2017 expiry.

It has random single legs of return flights in my record (ORD to LGA but not the LGA-ORD which got me there) - and so on. No mention of Gold renewal. Gold bday bonus showing 0 miles added.

All buggy and weird - although I think my mileage total is correct, just the breakdown is off. Waiting a little while before bothering them, I don't need to book anything - but people, please advise if you're seeing automatic fixes and corrections... ta!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, VS Gold
New VS website forgets I've already answered security question

Every time I log in, I am prompted to set two new security questions ... Certainly slows things down.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
If you try it with Firefox, it seems to remember just fine.

I'm only using Firefox now to look at Virgin Atlantic's website now.

I wish they could just get it together.

Originally Posted by dhring
Every time I log in, I am prompted to set two new security questions ... Certainly slows things down.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I use FF and have not experienced that. I did with IE. It really is an appalling rollout and I would expect to be removed from my job had I been the person responsible.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:23 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
I wonder what 2 year old they employed to design this site. Nothing works.
Tried booking/looking for a FF flight -- none available. Just get an error message.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little unkind to the average 2 year old methinks!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Apologies if posted elsewhere and not directly related to the website, but I had this experience last week in relation to the changes.

I took a domestic flight in Australia on VA, which was booked by a colleague so I wanted to add my VS FC number to the booking at the check in desk. Gave them my new lifetime FC number, and they were unable to add it to the booking, computer kept saying no.

Was in a bit of a rush so didn't have time to dig out the old number and try that, so now have a missing miles claim to make. Based on what I've read in this thread, that should be fun...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:45 pm

Another data point - flew Delta from LHR to YUL via DTW out, and YUL to LHR via LGA/JFK out, only have miles/points from the LHR to DTW leg only, not only are they missing the other 3 legs, there are no bonus miles (currently gold) either.

A number of my future bookings dont show up, and its next to IMPOSSIBLE to book reward flights now. Previously it was very easy.

I used to really like the old virgin website.. i could do and find most things, and when i couldnt i could easily contact the friendly staff. Now I cant use the new website at all, and the staff are super stressed from all the calls they now have to field.

Roll back the changes virgin!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhring
Had the same problem until I switched to Firefox.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
So am I being super thick or is there no award availability calander? It looks to me that I have to search each day one at a time until I find seats.

I have read other have been struggling with this option and would be amazed that someone would sign off the site without this function. Is it me or has someone seriously dropped the ball here?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it's crap. What you have to do is to go into the flight booking, and, for example select LGW-LAS but make sure you select one way, select a date, select the Within 5 weeks button, select Pay with miles, then see what pops up.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
So am I being super thick or is there no award availability calander? It looks to me that I have to search each day one at a time until I find seats.

I have read other have been struggling with this option and would be amazed that someone would sign off the site without this function. Is it me or has someone seriously dropped the ball here?
There is a reward availability calendar.
Tick the box asking for five week availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.