Community
Wiki Posts
Search

H Class fare that includes a DL Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
H Class fare that includes a DL Flight

So, here's the situation...

I am doing another LAS trip and there is PE available outbound from LGW but none on the return. One of the return options is LAS>LAX>LHR which suits me just fine.

However, the return is booked in H class on both the DL segment and the VS segment. How likely is it that the DL segment will be upgradeable easily enough? Or should I just try and get the TA to book the LAS>LAX segment into F and be done with it?

Is DL H and VS H even the same thing? (I am thinking no...)

Thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Upgradeable using what? Miles? Status? Cash? For a 30-40 minute flight from LAS to LAX (although the schedule is padded for air traffic restrictions), does F (or an upgrade to it) really matter?

H is normally an semi-flexible Y fare (not PE) and that seems to be the case with Delta. http://cwsi.net/delta.htm
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Cash for the upgrade. As it will be going through a TA, I am trying to pre-empt any problems. I have asked the TA to book that segment into F anyway, so it should be OK. I just wanted to know if VS book me into a H class fare, was it the same on DL and is it easy enough to get them to upgrade that segment to F without involving the TA etc. I have seen that fare table too by the way.

Reason for the upgrade is Domestic F is 3TPs rather than 1 in Y. For about a $50 fare difference.. i'll happily sit up front and take those extra TPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.