Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

The end of the Heathrow Clubhouse as we know and love it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:09 am
Original Poster

With all the Delta flights moving to T3 (September 14th) the Clubhouse will never be the same again. It's going to get very busy in there.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
I concur. There was talk about an expansion but that seems to have gone. I think it'll be a great shame.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Where to go if not the Clubhouse?

I had been looking forward to visiting the Clubhouse prior to the departure of my flight (VS045) to New York in October.Can anyone suggest an alternative location for a bit of lunch and a glass of wine if the Clubhouse is really all that full? I will be having wheelchair assistance and would have to be dropped off and picked up there.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I know we Brits love to complain about hordes of American status passengers clogging up our lounges, but Delta has what...10 flights per day or so... and a bunch of those (JFK, etc.) are already at T3. So it may get a bit busier at peak times for flights heading west, but otherwise I wouldn't rush to write obituaries for one of the best lounges around.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:37 pm

While it will be more crowded at peak times, it's a good thing for passengers in the long-term. More passengers flocking to VS-DL due to access to CH is more money for VS to invest in up-grading its product, and in the case of IT, catching up with others.

In case you want a quiet lunch and a drink, I suggest Rhubarb restaurant at T3. Classic British and new items, good coffee/breakfast and wine. I go there at times to avoid the monotony of the CH food menu for vegetarians.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pk45cu
While it will be more crowded at peak times, it's a good thing for passengers in the long-term. More passengers flocking to VS-DL due to access to CH is more money for VS to invest in up-grading its product, and in the case of IT, catching up with others.
While in theory that sounds true, we're seeing BA and the American airlines take the attitude of "we're making lots of money and filling seats no matter what... so we can hack away at service standards, mile earning, etc. and make even more money." Airlines and hotel companies often invest in product and promotions when they have no other choice in order to stay alive and are desperate to attract customers any way they can...

SRB might want to offer a demonstrably better product to fight against BA's inherent advantages. Delta probably care mostly about the bottom line and the Clubhouse might look like an extravagance that is better off full or down-sized.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:44 am

AA/BA have the luxury of hacking at service standards, their bigger network and loyalty program enables them to do that.

VS is a challenger and can't afford to do that, they have to be different.

The CH is a massive differentiator vs. AA/BA, I can't imagine them or DL doing anything to hurt that position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.