Wiki Posts
Search

789 route schedule JFK-LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
789 route schedule JFK-LHR?

I had a flight booked with DL Skymiles, 8 March JFK-LHR on the 8pm departure (VS46). Looks like the flight has been axed and they rebooked me on the 9:30pm departure. I’m bummed because I was looking forward to the 789 and was trying to avoid the tired A346. Anyone know the current schedule for the 789 between JFK and LHR? Any chance it’ll come back?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by hoth300
I’m bummed because I was looking forward to the 789 and was trying to avoid the tired A346. Anyone know the current schedule for the 789 between JFK and LHR? Any chance it’ll come back?

I believe it is just a few VS45/46 services that will see the 787. Most of the JFK flights will be operated with the 346. (largest J cabin in the fleet).

If it makes any difference all the 346's are getting a refresh in UPPER with new colours and upholstery to better align them with the 787's. It is nothing drastic eg just less purple! ie The purple that lines the tops of the dividers between seats and the seat side walls are going from the current colours to the gold/brown like on the 330/787 etc
(I believe 3 have already been done). Also the 7 x 346's staying for a few more years will also get new Y seats and inseat power.

All the fleet is getting wifi installed as well over the coming year.

Last edited by ANstar; Aug 23, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by ANstar
... If it makes any difference all the 346's are getting a refresh in UPPER with new colours and upholstery to better align them with the 787's.
(I believe 3 have already been done). Also the 7 x 346's staying for a few more years will also get new Y seats and inseat power.

All the fleet is getting wifi installed as well over the coming year.
Wow... There are only 7 346 aircrafts... Huh? With 3 being done already, chances are that UC flight I have scheduled in April 2016 will have the new UC settings and colors I hope... I just looked at the VS website and they make no mention of this occurring though. Any tips as to find out how the work is progressing?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Wow... There are only 7 346 aircrafts... Huh?
!
There are currently 11 A340's... 4 will be leaving the fleet in the next couple of years.. 7 will remain until at least 2018 and therefore will get the refresh. WIN/RED/BUG are the ones that have had the new colours and upholstery in UPPER complete so far.

Last edited by ANstar; Aug 23, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Sorry for the size - not sure how to get it smaller :/

Here is a pic with the new A340 sidewalls replacing the old purple colours.

Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:55 am

Had one of those subbed in to ATL last week - and rather nice it was too. Plenty of glitterball effects still!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.