Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying in UC 787-900 what's the best seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry

I have my favorite seats on the 747 (14K) and A340 (4K) A330 (no favs ).

I'll be doing the LHR-DEL RT on 787-900 next month, who's been on it and can recommend a UC seat.

I'm partial to the K side but since the middle seats all face the K side I thought I'd try the A side.

There's a 3K still available on the LHR-DEL flight and the DEL-LHR leg is nearly empty in UC so I figure I can switch around at will on that leg.

Steve
Old May 26, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by backdoc
I have my favorite seats on the 747 (14K) and A340 (4K) A330 (no favs ).

I'll be doing the LHR-DEL RT on 787-900 next month, who's been on it and can recommend a UC seat.

I'm partial to the K side but since the middle seats all face the K side I thought I'd try the A side.

There's a 3K still available on the LHR-DEL flight and the DEL-LHR leg is nearly empty in UC so I figure I can switch around at will on that leg.

Steve
mid cabin A is best (and most private) IMO...further down the cabin A is not so bad either but the closer you get to the bar the louder it might be. We are doing 9A and 10A tomorrow LAX-LHR but it was a 2 day out booking so we didn't have a choice - would have preferred 3A/4A.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Let me know!

If you get the opportunity to post a pic or two and give your report of what you thought of your choice?

Thanks,

Steve

Originally Posted by ab_initio
mid cabin A is best (and most private) IMO...further down the cabin A is not so bad either but the closer you get to the bar the louder it might be. We are doing 9A and 10A tomorrow LAX-LHR but it was a 2 day out booking so we didn't have a choice - would have preferred 3A/4A.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

UC on the 787

Originally Posted by ab_initio
Ab Initio,
Please report on your experience in UC on the 787. I am in SFO and deciding between UC on the 787 and Club World on BA's A380. Price is really close (not surprised), so I am looking for feedback to make the decision. I am really interested in seat comfort, especially as a bed. CW seems really narrow.

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2015, 11:23 pm

If sleeping id the criteria, I'd take UC on VS's A340s/747s/787s over CW any day. More than the seat width, it's the shoulder room when laid flat that makes a difference.

Originally Posted by DonSFO
Ab Initio,
Please report on your experience in UC on the 787. I am in SFO and deciding between UC on the 787 and Club World on BA's A380. Price is really close (not surprised), so I am looking for feedback to make the decision. I am really interested in seat comfort, especially as a bed. CW seems really narrow.

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I thought I read somewhere, and of course can't backtrack and find it, that two of the window seats in UC on the 787-9 doesn't have a window. Is this correct?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I thought I read somewhere, and of course can't backtrack and find it, that two of the window seats in UC on the 787-9 doesn't have a window. Is this correct?
From the pictures of both the outside and inside, I'd say yes - row 7 or 8 I think? Would be good to know - I have a flight booked end of the year, want to avoid that seat!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Did my second 787 flight in Upper yesterday DEL-LHR in 5A, best seat in the plane in my opinion.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Did my second 787 flight in Upper yesterday DEL-LHR in 5A, best seat in the plane in my opinion.
Thank you! There are two of us flying, any noticeable difference over 4A or 6A?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Xordan
From the pictures of both the outside and inside, I'd say yes - row 7 or 8 I think? Would be good to know - I have a flight booked end of the year, want to avoid that seat!
7a and 7k have no window
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Thank you! There are two of us flying, any noticeable difference over 4A or 6A?
I'd like to know this as well. Two of us are booked in 4A and 5A, but 6A is still open. Happy to switch if it's a little better.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

No real difference
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Hi backdoc - why do you like this seat so much?

I was wondering if there's an A seat that's situated just behind a window so that if you turn your head (hard!) left, you can have a good view outside.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
5A is far away from the entrance/galley, doesn't face another seat and it does have a window. I agree, unless travelling with a companion, in which case I choose 5K.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I just returned yesterday from JNB via LHR to LAX in 3A and 5A.

I must say that I really like this plane and either of those seats is great. 3A does get more light from the forward galley area however.

Steve

Originally Posted by thesaints
5A is far away from the entrance/galley, doesn't face another seat and it does have a window. I agree, unless travelling with a companion, in which case I choose 5K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.