Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Can't checkin online for Little Red - should I be worried?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

I've just tried to checkin online for a Little Red flight to Edinburgh for later today. The fails with

Sorry, we were unable to retrieve your booking. Please check the details you gave us below and let us know the flight number and departure date of the flight and try again
If I try Manage Your Booking that gives

Sorry, we are unable to locate your details. Please check you have entered them correctly and try again.
The flight is showing as operating, and my booking included a e-ticket number starting 932, so all of what I'd think as obvious things look to be covered

Is this something I should be worrying about? Or do I just need to get to Heathrow a little bit earlier to check in there in person?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:25 am

You should be fine, Virgin's IT infrastructure is a flaky beast that probably decided as it is American (HP Shares), it needs to take Thanksgiving Day off.

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I've just tried to checkin online for a Little Red flight to Edinburgh for later today. The fails with

If I try Manage Your Booking that gives

The flight is showing as operating, and my booking included a e-ticket number starting 932, so all of what I'd think as obvious things look to be covered

Is this something I should be worrying about? Or do I just need to get to Heathrow a little bit earlier to check in there in person?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Hmm.. I've not seen that before, with a Little Red flight.
Maybe phone up?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I turned up a bit early, and was able to checkin just fine at the desk. Queue was very short too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.