Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Miles on Delta flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Earning Miles on Delta flights

Must i book through phone and incur phone booking fee through Delta ?

The website states "Book your Delta flights directly on +44 871 22 11 222 and remember to quote your Flying Club membership number."
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Where on the VS website does it say this? Can you provide a link - it makes a difference as there are different rules for booking different fares and it may be possible you have misinterpreted the website.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
You should be able to book online....I have never had a problem. Just be sure to enter your FC# in the frequent flyer box. (Near the spot where you enter your name). The time it takes for the miles/TP to post varies. I have had 24hrs to 2 weeks. I believe an E fare is the only one that doesn't earn miles.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

UKtravelbear, its stated here http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/eu/en...air-lines.html, Under "How to book".

carolinaRN, thank you. So I'm booking a V class , that would earn miles no ?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
A V fare should give you miles. I am trying to remember the last time I had a V fare. I seem to get an X or U fare most of the time. Only an E fare seems to be the most restrictive, even for their own elite customers (no comp upgrades for a medallion on an E)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: A3*G
If I travel on first/discounted first on Delta F, P,A, or G, between the US and Canada would I not receive any miles since it isn't domestic?

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...air-lines.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.