Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

LAX-MAN r/t in Upper Class late May $2653 all in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

I just booked my son and I next spring LAX-LAS-MAN-LHR-LAX on the Delta website (depart 5/24, return 6/5) for $2653 all in per person.

LAX-LAS - DL first
LAS-MAN - VS business
MAN-LHR - VS operated by EI business
LHR-LAX - VS business

This is our first trip on VS (and our first trip to the UK). We've flown some front cabins (Asiana, Qatar and United) but the VS Upper Class looks like they take it to the next level. ^
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:59 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Welcome to VS. ^

Where is the big break in travel - after the LAS-MAN leg, or after the MAN-LHR leg?

Whichever it is, I hope you have enough time to enjoy the dleights of the LHR Clubhouse.

Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Manchester is the destination. On the way home MAN-LHR-LAX we have a 3+ hour layover in LHR so we should be able to check out the Clubhouse.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

You do know that virgin's little red flights (LHR-MAN/EDI/ABZ) only have one class with no business class?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I saw that the MAN-LHR flight blocks middle seats and plays that off as "business class". I had heard about the VS "clubhouse" in London so it seems to worth the detour rather than flying back from MAN to LAX.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Oh yeah, it IS worth the detour.

LHR-LAX in UC is my regular route. If you want to have a little extra fun take a limo from the terminal you land in to Terminal 3 and do Drive Through Check-in. The limo would cost you about $35, and you would walk directly through private security and to lounge. We just did this a few weeks ago, and it was fun.

Are you on a 747 or A340? If on the 747 don't sit upstairs, sit in the nose downstairs. You'll understand why if you do it.

Steve

Originally Posted by El Cochinito
Yeah, I saw that the MAN-LHR flight blocks middle seats and plays that off as "business class". I had heard about the VS "clubhouse" in London so it seems to worth the detour rather than flying back from MAN to LAX.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Looks like as of now the long haul is on the B747. I'll keep the nose seats in mind when seat assignments open up next spring!

Neat idea about the limo; I'll have to look into that!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by El Cochinito
Yeah, I saw that the MAN-LHR flight blocks middle seats and plays that off as "business class".
I don't think they do that on the domestic flights, just regular 1-class service. You might want to check that directly with VS.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Au, BA Mauve
They only block the middle if there is room. You're in the air for a mere 40 mins, so, to be honest, It's not that much of an issue anyway. Once you've checked in, you'll be able to select the first row anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.