Search

Virgin announce BFS-MCO Summer 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Virgin announce BFS-MCO Summer 2015

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-28314686

As a native of NI I am wondering if anyone has any more information about this short term route next summer. I read on another news report that there would only be 8 services in total.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:34 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Thanks for the link - I hope is is a success.

Nick
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:57 am

That could be a cheap redemption opportunity with no APD.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Actually I believe the BFS-MCO route's only operating 4 times next June & July, starting on June 25th. That'll be followed by another new trial route from GLA to LAS, also operating 4 times in September & October.

There's a bit more info on latest news section of the VS website: http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...test-news.html
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:11 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Thanks for the update, GumshoeW12 ^

Given the small number of trial flights, it will be interesting to see if there are many, if any, redemption seats available.

Nick
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Waiting for VX In Houston
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Anecdotally, I know quite a few people from N.I. That fly to Orlando with VS from mainland uk.

VS can selling the flights out of BFS for the same price, but build the APD into the base price and pocket it. Might also add extra to recognise that their current customers have to find the cost of a UK connection.

Of course there are some charter flights out of NI to MCO, and then there is the 3 times a week aerlingus flight out of Dublin, that will be competitive due to the lack of APD.

I wonder will they actually run the upper class service. Not sure there are many customers from N.I. That would want 1st class of a holiday leisure route.
Although there are only a handful of flights, 1st redemption might actually be relatively good.

I wonder when was the last time there was a long haul 1st out of N.I.

Last edited by tangey; Jul 18, 2014 at 8:00 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by tangey
I wonder will they actually run the upper class service. Not sure there are many customers from N.I. That would want 1st class of a holiday leisure route.
Although there are only a handful of flights, 1st redemption might actually be relatively good.

I wonder when was the last time there was a long haul 1st out of N.I.
Well Virgin Atlantic don't offer a FIRST CLASS. So not sure when the last or even the next airline to offer it will be.

As for Virgin Atlantic, they will offer their business class product (UPPER) on this seasonal route - the same as they do from GLA and MAN. Unlike the LHR birds, there are only 14 J seats which I presume can easily be filled with upgrades or award redemptions if pax don't choose to pay.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I wonder will they actually run the upper class service. Not sure there are many customers from N.I. That would want 1st class upper of a holiday leisure route.
Although there are only a handful of flights, 1st upper redemption might actually be relatively good.

I wonder when was the last time there was a long haul 1st upper/biz out of N.I.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:19 am

Looking at the first flight out on 25 June it doesn't look like they are making any redemption seats available
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by benjyyy
Looking at the first flight out on 25 June it doesn't look like they are making any redemption seats available
VS doesn't always release reward seats at the same time as cash ones.

They may just be testing the market to see if there is a demand for paid seats. If not then I'm sure they will release some as rewards.

Plus they have only released flights for one day - you can't even book the return for the following week yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.