Search

A330 Premium economy LHR to DXB questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
A330 Premium economy LHR to DXB questions

Hi there,

I a due to fly from LHR to DXB in PE and as it's my first time in VS PE had some questions:

1) Which are the best seats in PE? This is a 3 class variant on the A330.
2) With the seat recline of the person in front, does this seriously cut down your space?
3) Do they always have a veg option for the main on their flights?
4) If anyone has done the DXB route, do you get a cooked breakfast on the way out and lunch and tea on the way back to LHR?
5) With priority boarding with PE, are PE passengers called to board before or after economy or at the same time as business?

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
IMHO, the best seats in PE are the front row - not least because, as per your second question, you don't have anyone reclining into your space.

All VS flights offer three choices of main meals - usually variations of chicken, beef or veggie. Sample menu here - http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...um-dining.html

The flight LHR to DXB is an overnight flight - leaving around 2300 IIRC, so you may like to eat before boarding and get your head down - it arrives at 0800 and again from memory, breakfast is served before arrival.

Coming back, you depart about lunchtime, so you get lunch and later afternoon tea ready for a 1600 arrival into LHR.

PE pax are called to board before economy.

Nick
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
I a due to fly from LHR to DXB in PE and as it's my first time in VS PE had some questions:

Back row for me but noise from the front row of Y can be a pain Babies etc...
All VS A330's are 3 class these days.

2) With the seat recline of the person in front, does this seriously cut down your space?

It can do. I find it hard to stand up if the person in front has fully reclined.

Typically but I would call them and pre-order just incase. You'll be served first if not.

4) If anyone has done the DXB route, do you get a cooked breakfast on the way out and lunch and tea on the way back to LHR?

Haven't flown this route with VS.

5) With priority boarding with PE, are PE passengers called to board before or after economy or at the same time as business?

Normally after extra needs, then UC. A few times they've called UC and PE at the same time. Might depend on loads / jet ways.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
In my experience they use 2 jetways at LHR - one for UC and the rest of the plane on the other. UC and PE are called for boarding at the same time via each door.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:43 am

I don't think there are any 'good or bad' seats. The 2-2 bulkhead ones are opposite the galley which can be annoying. The middle bulkhead have additional room to stretch out without anyone reclining into your space. The rear seats have full recline but as above the proximity to the economy bassinet bulkhead can be annoying.

Not space so much, but it can make viewing the screen hard as they don't pull out very far. I don't feel there is that much space in premium economy.

Yes, but there can be quite a lot of vegetarians on the flight so if you are vegetarian order ahead. The afternoon tea sandwiches on the return are a good example of this - they tend to have few non-meat ones on board.

You get supper when you board, and then a breakfast deli box just before landing on VS400. On VS401 you get lunch when you board, ice cream mid-flight and sandwich with cake just before landing.

In LHR PE are boarded with UC due to the dual jetbridge. In DXB UC and special assistance are first, then PE and then EC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.