Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by johnkphotography
Just called VS, USA #, to book ORD - HND, RT in NH F. Found the availability with United. Agent at VS put me on hold for a minute to request the seats. Came back in a few minutes with a confirmation number and to confirm that the seats were held. Went out to Citi TY to transfer points to VS account. Logged back into VS and all the points were there. Called VS and payed the taxes and fees. Total time on the phone with VS was about 20 minutes (It took them a good 8 minutes to figure out the taxes and fees).

Really pretty easy all things considered and took very little time or stress. Good luck to everyone.
When is the flight? There was some chatter that flights beyond 10/31 (in some case 9/30) are not bookable.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
When is the flight? There was some chatter that flights beyond 10/31 (in some case 9/30) are not bookable.
Departs 11/1, return 1/26/17. So based on my experience, flights are certainly bookable through 1/26/17. Rep didn't mention any restrictions either.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
What were the taxes and fees if you don't mind me asking?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:01 am

I just booked LAX-NRT and NRT-SFO, both in February, in NH F.

Looked up availability on United. Called the USA Flying Club # to verify availability. Availability was indeed there and I indicated I wished to book the tickets. The rep needed a couple minutes to look up the fees; in the meantime I transferred over my Chase UR points. The points showed up on his end, he took my credit card info, and I booked!

The whole process was painless and took less than 20 minutes on the phone.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by danam
I also can report success with VX. Easily obtained 3 seats in first class, if only every airline made so many redemption seats available in premium cabins.

Have tried many times for seats ex Europe with ANA with absolutely no success.
VX from where to where?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:14 am

Am I right in assuming ex LHR is a total no go unless Delta or VS?? Ex Europe seems to be the same?

In other words, for us Euro folk, we're pretty much guaranteed to have to stick with the VS/Delta flights or go a funky route? E.g. if you had enough miles - VS to LAX & VX to SYD might be one way of doing it? Ditto perhaps VS to Chicago & NH to NRTJ/HND.

I don't know why it has to be so baffling. Seats are seats, right?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by wavery83
VX from where to where?
My booking was ORD-SFO, April next year.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by wavery83
Am I right in assuming ex LHR is a total no go unless Delta or VS?? Ex Europe seems to be the same?

In other words, for us Euro folk, we're pretty much guaranteed to have to stick with the VS/Delta flights or go a funky route? E.g. if you had enough miles - VS to LAX & VX to SYD might be one way of doing it? Ditto perhaps VS to Chicago & NH to NRTJ/HND.

I don't know why it has to be so baffling. Seats are seats, right?
It would be VA to SYD as Virgin America doesn't fly to SYD. From what I've read, VS doesn't have the best luck seeing VA award space to SYD, plus they've only been releasing space on the BNE flight, so it would probably count as two awards, LAX-BNE and BNE-SYD, unless I'm mistaken.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+
Originally Posted by geclub1
I was the OP regd NH flights not being booksble after 10/31. Multiple agents told me that. However, after seeing some recent chatter about NH flight redemptions, I decided to try my luck again. Checked availability on United and called the US flying club #. The agent was very helpful but couldn't see any awards. I tried calling back, same issue.

As I was reading the forum again, I noticed that people suggested calling Flying club team not regular reservations. When you call the US FC #, option 2 is for booking new flights. That option is for purchasing revenue tickets but they are also able to make award reservations. However, they are not the flying club team. That's option #3! I spoke to the FC team next and voila, they were seeing the same inventory as United.

The regular Virgin reservations team can make award bookings but don't appear to be very savvy with partner booking. Be sure to call the FC team.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:52 pm

Is there any way to search for VX F space besides calling in?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:31 am

VX award F = K = D. D inventory visible via Expert Flyer.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by LAXR202W
I was the OP regd NH flights not being booksble after 10/31. Multiple agents told me that. However, after seeing some recent chatter about NH flight redemptions, I decided to try my luck again. Checked availability on United and called the US flying club #. The agent was very helpful but couldn't see any awards. I tried calling back, same issue.

As I was reading the forum again, I noticed that people suggested calling Flying club team not regular reservations. When you call the US FC #, option 2 is for booking new flights. That option is for purchasing revenue tickets but they are also able to make award reservations. However, they are not the flying club team. That's option #3! I spoke to the FC team next and voila, they were seeing the same inventory as United.

The regular Virgin reservations team can make award bookings but don't appear to be very savvy with partner booking. Be sure to call the FC team.
Glad you were able to make your booking. Had some hiccups getting my tickets confirmed (for NH at least apparently it's not an instantaneous process - it takes 24-72 hours for ticketing, and minor issues will reset the process), but very happy now to have tix in hand. I think NH premium cabin redemption through VS is one of the best deals around.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Colin
I don't see VX on EF at all. How do you do this?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:56 pm

Just successfully booked VA with VS miles. Got the last two award seats LAX-SYD for my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.