Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Give me back my 747.......

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Give me back my 747.......

Just phoned Virgin as i have a request for next Feb....
i was told that the plane they have on on this route ... man to las...is going to be a new A330-300 a new plane with only 2 classes prem econ and econ...
so i wonder what happened to the 747 ???? only ever travelled on a 747 from manchester....

will this be a good thing or a bad one ?????
anyone ever flown on one ????
is Prem econ any good??
thanks in advance
deb xxxx
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It's a good thing - they're the newest in the fleet. Newest AVOD entertainment system (JAM), and seating etc.

..unless you were flying Upper Class
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

i wish colmc......
i have special assistance but i little worried because i normally have a bulkhead window seat because of my condition......that should be fine if it stays the same A330-300 but if there is a plane change back to a 747 there is not going to be any bulkhead window seats...then i will be **$$ed...lol
just wondering if im better off booking prem econ then at least if they do a plane change i can still get my window bulkhead ???
why is nothing simple anymore hahahahah
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by deb501
i wish colmc......
i have special assistance but i little worried because i normally have a bulkhead window seat because of my condition......that should be fine if it stays the same A330-300 but if there is a plane change back to a 747 there is not going to be any bulkhead window seats...then i will be **$$ed...lol
just wondering if im better off booking prem econ then at least if they do a plane change i can still get my window bulkhead ???
why is nothing simple anymore hahahahah
My mother requires special assistance and travel with Virgin from Manchester a lot. I'm sure on their last flight it was on the new 330 and she said the space for those requiring assistance was excellent
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

i just looked on their web site and it looks like there is no bulkhead prem econ....on the A330-300...
so it seems im stuffed either way lol..
good to know though Kettering Northants QC thanks xxx
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
My parents always call Virgin way ahead and advise them of their needs _ they are booking the whole holiday through them so that might help. Their only requirement is that, as my mother is in a wheelchair, that she is near the toilets and can get in and out. They are normally first on, last off and always travel in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.