Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Can book an award one-way on which partner airlines?

Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

I have heard that you can book a one-way award flight, using Virgin Atlantic miles, on certain VS partner airlines. Checking the VS website, I could not locate information on this.

Are one-way awards possible on some of VS's partner airlines (specifically ANA - the airline on which I am hoping to book a one-way award flight)?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, CX Gold, LeAccor Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, SPG Gold
If you have a quick look here:
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...ines/index.jsp

It lists all of the partners and their individual terms (once you select them in the drop-down) FYI, it doesn't explicitly say round-trip only for ANA (does with many of the others i.e. US)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent73
It lists all of the partners and their individual terms (once you select them in the drop-down) FYI, it doesn't explicitly say round-trip only for ANA (does with many of the others i.e. US)
Thanks for the information. I checked there - and for ANA they list several R/T(return) "example" fares in miles, but do not specify whether or not a O/W award flight would be possible...so I just called Virgin Atlantic. They told me that "full redemption levels would apply", meaning you would pay the same number of miles whether or not you go one way or roundtrip(return).
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by muji
Thanks for the information. I checked there - and for ANA they list several R/T(return) "example" fares in miles, but do not specify whether or not a O/W award flight would be possible...so I just called Virgin Atlantic. They told me that "full redemption levels would apply", meaning you would pay the same number of miles whether or not you go one way or roundtrip(return).
That's a shame. I find the lack of transparency with VS partner bookings quite frustrating. I still hope they will join Star Alliance at some point to make things a lot easier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.