Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering or Gifting Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Transfering or Gifting Miles

Just looking at the option of transffering or gifting miles and have noticed that when you start the process by selecting the number of miles it gives a "Total cost" against the miles. Is this what you are charged to perform the switch or the value of the miles?What does it really cost (£15?)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Just looking at the option of transffering or gifting miles and have noticed that when you start the process by selecting the number of miles it gives a "Total cost" against the miles. Is this what you are charged to perform the switch or the value of the miles?What does it really cost (£15?)
Exactly what the web site tells you for the number of miles selected, e.g. £15 for 1,000 miles ...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, CX Gold, LeAccor Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, SPG Gold
On gifting miles, there's a flat charge of £15 on top of the £15 per 1,000 miles, transfer is a bit cheaper in terms of unit cost (£7.50 per 1k if I remember rightly) but you still get hit with the £15 charge, which makes it a bit uneconomical.

If its less than 10k, and you have an appropriate card, I believe you can buy Amex MR at £15 per 1k, but without the £15 transaction fee and you should (YMMV) be able to transfer them to someone else's FC account at 1MR:1FCmile. Even better if they have their own Amex!

Last edited by Agent73; Jul 17, 2012 at 4:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.