Search

VS Credit card-How long to wait

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic red
VS Credit card-How long to wait

Hey guys
About 2 weeks ago I was in the lounge at Heathrow airport and through chatting to the flying club exec I signed up for the virgin credit card as I love the product and with my spending it might not take me long to get an upper class free flight!!

Anyway like I mentioned before I signed up about 2 weeks ago and heard NOTHING. no email no phone call no letter. what should I do? The lady did say it could be a week, 3 weeks or a month before I hear anything!

what are other peoples experience of waiting for the credit card??

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:38 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
If you give MBNA a ring on 0800 056 5576, they may be able to give you an update on the progress of your application or, at the very least, confirm receipt of it.

A big word of caution though - no matter how much you spend on the CC, you won't get any free flights. You still have to factor in government taxes and fees plus the massive fuel surcharge that goes straight to the airline.

Nick
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic red
Hey Nick
Thanks for the advice. I got my letter back today rejecting me! Said something to do with my credit score or something! Oh well! (even though I earn over 20000 pa)

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Biggles52
Hey Nick
Thanks for the advice. I got my letter back today rejecting me! Said something to do with my credit score or something! Oh well! (even though I earn over 20000 pa)

Thanks!
Do you mean £20,000? Or are you saying you meet the £20k criteria and earn more.

If you got rejected by mbna you need to pull your credit file as they are a very easy company to get credit with. But if you mean £20k that may be part of the reason as its a relatively low income.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Jun 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.