Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Sign in using an external account

Old May 2, 12, 8:49 am   #1

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (both BA and CX), *A Silver (LH Miles and Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue)
T3 immigration queues

Hello all,

This might seem like a somewhat ignorant question, but being very much a T5 user, I don't get to use the delights of T3 very much, and certainly not since the beginning of the UKBA Farce.

How are the immigration queues at T3 nowadays? Are they longer than before and, if so, are they anywhere near as bad as T5? I am seriously considering a change in travel patterns just to avoid T5! Indeed, I shall be heading back from HKG shortly on CX rather than BA.

Thanks,

TMT
Too much travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 12, 12:48 pm   #2

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Don't know about later in the day, but I've come in early (5.30 - 6ish) from far East and Aus and even though several other flights have got in earlier, I have not yet a "T5" experience. Probably famous last words, and I do a fairly mean airport sprint, but last Friday came in on the BA SYD flight and there was no queue at all.....
r22r44bell47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 12, 1:27 pm   #3

I flew back last week from SFO, arriving at the same time as all the other west-coast overnights: there was absolutely no queue for EU passports, a sizeable but probably not larger than average queue for everyone else.
nick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 3:11 am   #4

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (both BA and CX), *A Silver (LH Miles and Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue)
Thanks - much appreciated... let's see what my experience will be next weekend...
Too much travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 12:34 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mystic & T.A.
The zoo of a fiasco AFAIK is only restricted at T5 and to a lesser extend, T1.
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote