Wiki Posts
Search

Reward flight HKG-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Reward flight HKG-LHR

Ok...so I already have a booking in X from SYD-HKG-LHR.

I have 45,000 miles and have just checked for reward flights in upper class for the HKG-LHR leg, they are available for 60,000 points. Now, I can buy 16,000 points to make up the difference and book this UC leg.

My question is would this be possible to just dump the second leg of my original booking (and still use the first part of the booking to get to Hong Kong).
Old Jun 17, 2012, 1:58 am
Ambassador

To be honest I'm not sure but I can see two potential issues:

• If you are returning to SYD on the same ticket you must fly all legs.
  • If you check in for your flight at SYD that also means you are checked in for the HKG-LHR leg and presumably you can't check-in for more than one booking on the same flight. Even if you can somehow only check in for the SYD-HKG leg you would then have to check-in again at HKG with your luggage and I doubt there would be time for that.

It may be best to phone VS and ask.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
I don't think you'll be able to for reasons as posted. What you could do is call VS and ask, and also ask what the price would be to upgrade your X to a L (from which you can use miles to upgrade).
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Argh well, not possible.

I've ended up going to DXB on Emirates then UC DXB-LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.