Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin increases Ghana services.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
Virgin increases Ghana services.

As of March 26th, Virgin increases its LHR-ACC from 3 weekly to 5 weekly.
This will compete with BA's daily non-stop LHR-ACC service BA81
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ghana-services
As far as I know, it will continue to be operated by an A343, at least till they're retired.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by razMJ; Feb 25, 2012 at 6:22 am Reason: Adding extra information
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:46 am
Ambassador

I thought it was already five-weekly.

Maybe my flights just tend to coincide with the days the service operates from LHR.

I guess it's a better route for the A343s than the A330s (when they arrive at LHR) at the moment because the high fares on the west African routes probably compensate for higher costs.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
Originally Posted by BA304
I thought it was already five-weekly.

Maybe my flights just tend to coincide with the days the service operates from LHR.

I guess it's a better route for the A343s than the A330s (when they arrive at LHR) at the moment because the high fares on the west African routes probably compensate for higher costs.
Depends whether they would want to use the A333s that don't have Upper Class or the ones that do as well, because they noted in the article that they have seen a 50% growth in Upper Class and Premium Economy bookings on the route.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:58 am
Ambassador

Well yes - I'm talking about the LHR 330s.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by razMJ
Depends whether they would want to use the A333s that don't have Upper Class or the ones that do as well, because they noted in the article that they have seen a 50% growth in Upper Class and Premium Economy bookings on the route.
All A330's will have UPPER as the leisure ones will be refitted and moved to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.