Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upper Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Upper Class

We're flying one way on points in Upper Class From LHR to YVR. I heard we get complimentary Lounge access at LHR. Do we also get a free Spa treatment there too? Any other perks I should be getting or asking for? What about when we land in YVR since we have to stay the night to continue on to SEA in the morning...this is all booked on one ticket.

I understand we don't qualify for the limo service.

Thanks for all your help.
Shane
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:54 am

You do indeed get access to the Clubhouse at LHR and it is a great lounge. It is certainly worth spending a few hours there. There are various free spa treatments (and some that you pay for), but it can get very busy so best advice is to book as soon as you arrive. You get to use the UC wing at LHR, which makes security quick and easy.

There won't be anything at YVR on arrival, I'm afraid.

Re limo -- you can use more miles to book it (17.5k, I think), but the value for money is usually pretty poor.

If you are really out to maximise perks, you could try the drive-through check-in at LHR, but you need a driver!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by shand32783
We're flying one way on points in Upper Class From LHR to YVR. I heard we get complimentary Lounge access at LHR. Do we also get a free Spa treatment there too? Any other perks I should be getting or asking for? What about when we land in YVR since we have to stay the night to continue on to SEA in the morning...this is all booked on one ticket.

I understand we don't qualify for the limo service.

Thanks for all your help.
Shane
THere is a full menu of the spa treatments (both the free and paid for) on the VS website in the club house section so have a read and choose a couple of possible options.

Once you have cleared security etc go straight to the CH and then straight to the spa to book and then find a seat and order a drink and food. You can always nip out to do some shopping later. This won't guarentee you a treatment but it might put you ahead in the queue!

If they are fully booked they will take your name and call you if there any no-shows.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Define a driver...

RE: drive through check in...We have someone who will be dropping us off, if that's what you mean? What is this perk, just curbside drop off?

Are you able to book Spa treatments (the shave sounds really nice to me) before you arrive (I'm booked already) or only day of travel?

I think our flight is at one but plan on being there in the morning to take it all in on our way out.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
RE: drive through check in...We have someone who will be dropping us off, if that's what you mean? What is this perk, just curbside drop off?

Are you able to book Spa treatments (the shave sounds really nice to me) before you arrive (I'm booked already) or only day of travel?

I think our flight is at one but plan on being there in the morning to take it all in on our way out.
DTCI is not the same as usual curbside checkin. it is a seperate check-in area (above the main check-in area) only accessible to people who use DTCI and leads directly to the private security channel. You need to contact VS to book an arrival slot and give them details of your car. You can't simply drive up and expect entry as they need your details to print of the luggage tags etc (also due to dept of transport security regulations).

You can only book treatments on the day. They did used to have an advance booking system but they changed it a couple of years ago to first come first served on they day. As I said earlier if they are fully booked they will 'wait list' you but the system is designed to reduce the number of no shows.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
I would definitely arrange DTCI since it is a wonderful experience, very exclusive, very smart, and well worth trying.

As UKTravelBear says however, this is not a drive up and drop off service. You actually enter a secure area of the airport up a ramp into the terminal, and to do this VS will need to know your arrival time (a 30 min range slot) and the registration number of the car being used to drop you off - you need to call and arrange this a minimum of 24 hours before drop off.

When you arrange it you should get an email confirmation with the details and location of DTCI - beware, the ramp is not signed so you need to look for it with care.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
This may help you to make a decision.. :)

A video of the service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLjHKLOcEc

Originally Posted by slinky09
I would definitely arrange DTCI since it is a wonderful experience, very exclusive, very smart, and well worth trying.

As UKTravelBear says however, this is not a drive up and drop off service. You actually enter a secure area of the airport up a ramp into the terminal, and to do this VS will need to know your arrival time (a 30 min range slot) and the registration number of the car being used to drop you off - you need to call and arrange this a minimum of 24 hours before drop off.

When you arrange it you should get an email confirmation with the details and location of DTCI - beware, the ramp is not signed so you need to look for it with care.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:32 pm

The Virgin Clubhouse is the best lounge i've been to. Does virgin have any other locations that compete?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:35 pm

lhr clubhouse is simply amazing
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold,SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
upper class seating

I am travelling upperclass SYD to London in July. Which are the best seats in upper class.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Which aircraft?

Downstairs in the nose of 747-400, or rows 4-8 on right or left (not middle) on A340 are my preference.

Steve

Originally Posted by nabright
I am travelling upperclass SYD to London in July. Which are the best seats in upper class.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:02 pm
Ambassador

Originally Posted by backdoc
Downstairs in the nose of 747-400, or rows 4-8 on right or left (not middle) on A340 are my preference.

Steve
Should be an A346 and I'd go for 4-7K followed by 4-7A.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BA304
Should be an A346 and I'd go for 4-7K followed by 4-7A.
Is that the same for A343? Anything special about being within 4-7 as opposed to having 3&4 - in an A343 if that makes a difference compared to A346?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anybody recommend a decent priced car service to take advantage of the DTCI?

I'm not that far from the airport so don't feel like paying the GBP65 for the official service compared to GBP25 for a regular taxi.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
Originally Posted by rjacket
Can anybody recommend a decent priced car service to take advantage of the DTCI?

I'm not that far from the airport so don't feel like paying the GBP65 for the official service compared to GBP25 for a regular taxi.
I used the service with a taxi. Ironically, the morning I was due to fly out of LHR last July, I got an email stating that I had been selected to now use the drive through service with a private car or taxi. So I dropped my rental car off at Hertz and called a taxi. When the taxi arrived, I called the phone number provided in the email (I will research and see if I still have it), gave them the registration of the taxi, make and model. Then followed the directions from the email to the private entrance at LHR. At the entrance, they can see the car, then they let you through.

Last edited by tagv12; Feb 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.