Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS to Houston?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

VS to Houston?

I notice on the VS (UK) web site when booking a flight Houston is listed as a destination in the drop down list. I can't actually find a flight but I'm curious as to why it's in the list.

Does anyone know if VS plans to fly to Houston from London?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:38 pm
Ambassador

It's a codeshare with CO via Newark.

No plans for VS to fly there directly in the near future as far as I know.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:29 am
Original Poster

I thought that as well - but I can't find an LHR/IAH or EWR/IAH flight that I can actually book.
The web site says "Sorry we couldn't find flights for those dates" using a good sample selection from today (31 Dec) to July 2012.

I've seen SQ at IAH but never VS so I thought maybe it was a codeshare with SQ but when I choose Houston as the "From" only LHR is available as the "To" so it seems reasonably to think that's the only routing.

Last edited by The_Diamond_Z; Dec 31, 2011 at 6:40 am
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:36 am
Ambassador

I can't remember what date I put in but it came out with a whole bunch of flights for various date combinations. About Ł8000 in J.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
I've seen SQ at IAH but never VS so I thought maybe it was a codeshare with SQ
SQ flies Singapore - Moscow - Houston and has traffic rights between Moscow & Houston - some relatives have used it a few times. I seem to remember the flight was daily but has been / will be cut back a couple of days either because of profitability or political issues in Russia, depending on who you ask.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:11 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by BA304
It's a codeshare with CO via Newark.

affirm.

What was the reason they couldn't codeshare on one of the two daily CO non-stop IAH-LHR-IAH flights? I remember it being discussed and there was a reason they couldn't (political or treat or maybe BA protecting its double daily LHR-IAH flights?) I don't recall why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.