What is Z class ?

Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:11 pm

Just as a follow up, I rang up VS Res. and they told me they have Z class fares LAX-LHR, but I would need to go through VS Vacation department, because they were the only ones able to price those out.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:43 pm

Programs: Various
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stngfn:
Just as a follow up, I rang up VS Res. and they told me they have Z class fares LAX-LHR, but I would need to go through VS Vacation department, because they were the only ones able to price those out.</font>
That must be a US thing as we can book Z's here. Have you tried looking on Expedia.com?

Thanks
Richard
Old Oct 14, 2003, 3:56 pm

I have looked on there, and the cheapest Upper fare I can find is $10k LAX-LHR. Any other city into Europe (CDG, FRA, etc), I can get for ~$2k. Even if I select VS from LAX-CDG (going through LHR), it comes up ~$5k. I hate airline pricing, never makes sense.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:36 am

Interestingly, the thread of comments prompted me to go look at TravelSelect that's mentioned somewhere earlier in the topic, and sure enough on various routes (where VS have a service), you can see AND purchase Z class tickets. Same flights on VS website appear to the full price offerings - no sign or hint of a Z. So market forces probably are working correctly here.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 3:08 am

Strangely, went back to look at the same flights on VS today that I referred to above yesterday - and mysteriously, the Z's now seem to have totally evaporated. Is this likely overnight given I'm looking at UC Z class for a LHR/Tokyo booking for April 04???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.